Christmas Dream

Hello everyone,

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄

I decided to write my Christmas day update in this book for obvious reasons. 😊

There's really not much of a story in this chapter, no beginning, no plot, no conflict, no resolution but rather just a scene... A dream... A Christmas dream that I have for RJ and Meng and the family we all pray for them to have in the future.

Have a blessed day everyone. 💛

xoxo
Deng

*********
Christmas 2023, Faulkerson Home:

🎶 Siwent night, Howy night
Oh yis calm, Oh yis bwight 🎶

R&M smile as they sit on the floor in front of the couch in the living room and held each other's hand. M leans her head on her husband's shoulder while R rests his cheek on her hair, catching a whiff of her natural sweet fragrance, mixed with strawberry and vanilla scents. He closes his eyes and sighs dreamily to savor the smell that has enthralled him all those years and he knows will continue to fill his senses for the rest of his life.

R returns his gaze to the surprise show their kids prepared for the family which he is now proudly watching with his beloved Menggay and their loved ones.

🎶Wound young vewgin mother and chide,
Howy infant so tendew and mayd
Sweep in heavenwy peace... Sweep in heavenwy Peace 🎶

Everyone watches as Charmaine who is dressed up as an angel with her natural brown curls, big bright eyes and dimpled cheek, sings from the top of her lungs, the song she has learned and memorized for two weeks, as she stands over Seb who is swaddled and placed in his cradle that was decorated with hay.  The accomplices, Tito Dean and Tita Riza stand on either side of the baby in their Joseph and Mary costumes, discreetly telling the kids what to do and feeding Charmaine with the lyrics although they know she doesn't need it.

🎶Siwent night, howy night
Shephewds quake at the sight
Glowies schweam fwom heaven afay
Heavenwy hosts sing Aweyuia🎶

M turns to the left side of the stage and smiles where Thirdy sits infront of a junior grand electric piano, dressed as one of the three kings, while his fingers hit the keys as he plays to accompany his little sister's song.

The kids' proud grandparents, Popsie Richard, Tatay Ted and Nanay Mary Ann sit on the couch and snicker as they point out which traits, skills and features the kids got from them.

Lola Linda, who sits beside DB, gently hits R's shoulder and whispers while Lolo chuckles. "Tignan mo tong mga to, away ng away kung kanino nagmana sa kanila ang mga bata di nila alam sa akin nagmana ano?"

"Naku. Opo, Lola. Sa inyo po nagmana ni Lolo. Kaming lahat po." R laughs softly as he pats her grandma's hand on his shoulder and rubs his cheek on it.

"John naman, ayusin mo pagkuha. Ang likot ng kamay mo eh. Tignan mo si Matti wala na sa frame." Tita Niki, rubbing her six month old belly with their fourth child, reprimands her husband, who is taking a video of the kids' performance, in a whisper. 

"Eto na. Sorry, mahal. Si Tintin kasi eh." He says referring to their two year old daughter, their third child, who is now dangling on his leg.

Matti, in his shepherd costume, steadies his little brother, Juancho, dressed as a lamb, as he fidgets in his wooly attire.

Tita Coleen and Tito Mike are busy keeping their rowdy twin boys, Basti and Javi, dressed as the other two kings to keep still and stay beside their Kuya Thirdy.

🎶Chwist the Savior is boyn, Chwist the Savior is boyn🎶

Tito Nico, in charge of the sounds and lights, now adjusts the mic volumes to shift the focus of the presentation from Charm's song to the narrator.

Tita Angel stands on the right side of Charm and narrates the closing part of the short Nativity play Tito Dan wrote.

"And that is the story of the very first Christmas when Jesus was born to save us and be the light of our world. The End."

The whole family happily applauds the children's performance while the kids posed in a Nativity tableau.

The twinkling lights from the tree and garlands added a beautiful effect on the scene they recreated as the delicious smell of roasted turkey and warm cinnamon buns, Tita April is busy preparing in the kitchen fill the air.

R&M turn to each other, stare into each other's eyes and smile.

"Merry Christmas, Love. You were once my Christmas wish come true and now I live my Christmas dream with you. I love you." R whispers.

"I love you more, Love. Merry Christmas. This is a Christmas dream I will gladly live in everyday." M whispers back then their lips drew closer to share a gentle Yuletide kiss.

"Mama!" Charm calls as Seb starts to shriek probably from hunger while Tita Riza sways with him in her arms.

Tito Dean jumps in and helps Coleen and her husband in separating the twins who are now determinedly ripping each others' robes.

Tito Nico helps Matti get his little brother out of his costume as he impatiently pulls and cries while their parents Nikki and John calm down his little sister, who currently demands for the reindeer stuffed toy they left at home.

M rushes to Seb. As R, Angel and Thirdy try to help everyone as a total chaos of whining children and parents soothing them disrupts the scene that just seconds ago was completely calm and silent.

Lola Linda laughs delightedly. "Naalala niyo ba na ganyan din kayo dati?"

DB, TD and ND chuckle in agreement.

Lolo sighs and smiles at the happy chaos in front of them. "Pasko na talaga. Maingay na ang mga bata." 🎄