Flying Kisses

Year 2024, Faulkerson Home:

"I wuv you, Papa." Charmaine beams as she showers kisses all over her Daddy's face.

"Charm! Eeewww... Now you got spit all over the iPad." Thirdy frowns as R's boisterous laughter fills the room.

M laughs behind them with Seb on her lap. She has been sitting on the couch as she nursed Seb while Charm and Thirdy sit on the carpet by the coffee table, battling each other on who should be in charge of the iPad where they have been talking to their Dad.

M finishes feeding Seb, who is now sleeping in her arms and covers up. "That's alright, Kuya. Let me clean it up." She smiles at her two older kids as she sets Seb down in his playpen then gets some tissue from the box on the table beside her.

"Can I please borrow the iPad, kids?"

"Here, Mama." Charm says as she hands M the gadget.

"Thank you, sweetheart" M gets the device and smiles. "Hi Love. " She says and smacks her lips in front of the screen.

"Hi Love." R answers and kisses his phone's screen. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, Love. Sandali lang ha? Lilinisin ko lang to." M says as she continues to gently clean the surface of the iPad.

R lovingly watches his wife and smiles. "Bakit ang ganda ganda mo, mahal ko?"

M giggles. "Puyat ka lang, Love. Pagod. Ganoon."

"Kahit gaano ako kapagod at kapuyat, malinaw ang mata ko, Love at kitang kita ko kung gaano ka kaganda."

"Ay sus ka talaga, Faulkerson, hanggang ngayon napaka-bolero mo. Asawa mo na ako at tatlo na ang anak natin." M laughs.

"Which makes you more amazing, Mrs. Faulkerson. Eight years together and three children after you're still as radiant as the day we met and even more beautiful. If you would let me, I will marry you again and again and again." R sighs. "I love you so much, my life."

"And you're still just as gwapo. I love you more. Siyempre I will marry you over and over too, Love." M giggles.

"Mama, are you done yet? Can we talk to Papa now please?" Thirdy asks.

"Okay, hon. One second." M smiles. She turns to the screen, cups one hand over the side of her mouth and whispers. "Ayan na, Love. Nahahalata na ng mga bata ang cheesiness natin. Dun ka na muna." M laughs.

R smiles and stares at M as he listens to the musical sound of her laughter. "Sige, mahal ko. Mamaya na lang tayo pag tulog na mga bata." He winks and wiggles his eyebrows.

M grins at her husband and pokes his nose on the screen. "Ikaw talaga kahit kailan ka..." She finishes cleaning the screen and smiles. "Ingat ka diyan ha? Winter pa diyan sa Korea. Keep warm, don't forget your vitamins and sleep as much as you can. Naku ka. Pag ikaw nag-uwi ng sipon dito sa mga anak mo, di talaga kita papapasukin ng bahay."

"Aray. Grabe ka sa akin, Love. Porke't lumaki na ang tiyan ko at pinagsawaan mo na tong kat...sudon ko, hindi mo na ako aalagaan." He pouts.

"Huy... Sinong nagsabing sawa na ako?" M laughs. "Alam mo namang di kita matitiis. Aalagaan pa rin kita pero sana wag matigas ang ulo mo kahit alam mong ganoon ha? Hindi porke't alam mong mahal na mahal kita eh sasamantalahin mo na at magiging pasaway."

R grins giddily. "Talaga bang di mo ako matitiis? At mahal na mahal mo ako?"

"Luh luh luh... Gustong gusto mo lang naririnig eh pero alam na alam mo naman kung ano ang sagot diyan. Alam mo di ba? Di ba?"

R grins even more wider as his eyes are reduced to slits and his dimple deepens. "Alam ko. At alam na alam mo din na patay na patay ako sa'yo, Love. Mahal na mahal na mahal kita, Nicomaine Faulkerson."

M smiles. "I love you more, Richard Faulkerson Jr."

"Ma, whaz taking so long?" Charm pouts.

"Oh sorry, sweetheart." M smiles at her daughter. "Sige na, Love. Mamaya na talaga. See you later."

"See you later, Love." R kisses his phone screen repeatedly.

M then gives the iPad to Thirdy and Charm. "Okay now, kids. No more fighting. You can both talk to Papa."

"Yes, Mama." Thirdy says.

"Pwamis, Mama."

The two kids start to excitedly talk to R again as M watches from behind.

"Papa, when are you coming home?"

"In three days, buddy. I just have to do one more show then I'll be on my way home."

"Take cawe, Papa, okay? I wuv you."

"I will, sweetheart. I love you too, you and Kuya and Mama and Seb so much. I saw a pretty pink dress in the mall today. Do you still like pink, baby?" R asks, knowing how Charm changes her favorite color almost everyday.

"Hmmm... I like yellow now." Charm beams.

"Good thing I asked then, let me check tomorrow if they have it in yellow too." R says while making a mental note to only buy the dress on the very last minute in case Charm changes her mind again.

"We miss you, Papa." Thirdy tells his Dad with a sad look on his face.

R sighs seeing how much his son takes after him. He blinks away his tears, not wanting to shed them in front of the kids. He's been away for a week doing a series of shows in Singapore, Japan and Korea for his album and he misses his wife and children terribly but he can't let Thirdy and Charm see that.

He swallows hard to clear the lump in his throat brought about by the sudden surge of yearning for his family.

R sighs. "I miss you too, buddy. I miss you all so much. I would have loved to take you all with me but you and Charm have school and Mama has work there too. How about we do the same tour in the summer?"

Thirdy's face lights up with the idea. "Yey! Yes! Let's do that, Papa!"

"Okay. We'll do that." R smiles. "Alright, time for bed, kids. Be good, okay. Help your Mama and don't give her a difficult time."

"Yes Papa." Thirdy and Charm answer simultaneously.

"Good night, my babies. I love you."

"We love you, Papa. Good night."

Thirdy and Charm each plant a kiss on the screen and wave as M carries the sleeping Seb in front of it. R blows a kiss to his lovely family and ends the call before letting the tears he's been holding fall. 💛👪💛🍃💛
*********

For @Migimogo As requested