Wrong Turn

This update was supposed to be posted last Sunday in time for the first Sunday of Advent.

Sorry for the delay and Thank you for your patience.

xoxo,
Deng

Year 2023:

"Mama! Papa! Let's go! Let's go!" Charm calls as she got in the family camper van.

"Yes, sweetheart. We're going. We're just waiting for Papa and Kuya." M smiles.

The family planned to go on a roadtrip to a new beach destination up North.

"Come on, Kuwa! Get in!" Charm prods her brother who is walking towards the van with his backpack.

"Alright, everyone, all aboard." R announces as he gets in the driver's seat and buckles up.

"Hurray!" Charm cheers.

After making sure that the kids are settled with Nana Pe and their other nanny at the back,  M gets in the passenger seat beside R.

"What time will we get there, Papa?" Thirdy asks.

"Around 4pm, buddy. With just the right amount of sunlight left to enjoy the beach." R beams.

After saying a short prayer for their journey, R starts the van and drives away.

"Love, are you sure about this? We can take the expressways. Mas mabilis." M asks.

"Love, where's your sense of adventure? The old roads will take only a couple of hours longer. Gustong-gusto mo mga ganito dati, Love. What happened?" R grins.

"Three kids happened, Love. Alam mong maiinip sila and we can't take risks like taking an unfamiliar route with them." M frowns.

"We have Wi-Fi, food and drinks, books and games. Hindi sila maiinip. We'll be there before you know it. Trust me, Love. Alam ko to." R smiles.

"Fine. I trust you, Love. You know I do." M sighs and places her hand over R's. "Sorry if I'm being too Nanay. I love you. " She smiles.

"And I love you more." R takes his wife's hand and kisses it.
//
"Are we there yet?" Charm asks after six hours on the road.

"Papa, you said we'll only take five hours." Thirdy reminds his Dad.

"We're almost there, sweetheart. And we stopped for gas, buddy. Remember?" R answers.

"But Papa we only stopped for 15 minutes. We're already off schedule for an hour."

"Really? Ilang taon na nga tong anak natin, Love?" R whispers to M and she giggles.

"Buddy,  I'll  get back to you. Mama and I will figure it out,  okay?" R says aloud.

"Akala ko ba alam mo to, Love? Did you check the GPS?"

"Oo naman. Check mo ulit, Love please."

"The connection is off. Kaya pala di ka na-update, Love. Wait. Try ko i-connect sa ibang network."

It is getting dark outside and the road they are on has started to become lonely. The kids start to become uneasy at the back.

M finally connects to the internet.

"Love, you did take a wrong turn. You are 45 minutes off the road we should be on."

"Huh? Jusko! Babalik na ba tayo? May ibang daan ba?"

"I don't know, Love. It will be another hour back. Mas tatagal pa tayo. Diretso lang ang daan na to, walang likuan. But if we stay on this road, there will be a town in the next 15 minutes. There will be another route from there. What do you think, Love?" M asks.