Take Care Of You

Year 2023, Faulkerson residence:

M sets Sebastian down in his crib for his afternoon nap.

"Sleep tight, little one. Mama will be back later." M softly whispers.

M leaves their sleeping baby in the nursery with the baby monitor on and the door slightly ajar held in place by a door stopper.

She then goes to the playroom where Charmaine is coloring.

"Mama, wuk! Is a pink wibbon." Charm proudly tells her Mom.

"Oh, yes it is, sweetheart. Why didn't you color the flower? Do you need help with that?" M says while she tucks Charm's hair behind her ears.

"Yes pwease, Mama."

"Okay, sweetheart."

M sits on a chair beside C and guides the little girl as she tries to neatly fill the drawing with color.
After thirty minutes, they finish coloring the picture.

"Is so pwetty, Mama." C happily stares at their work.

"Yes, it is. Good job, baby. I'm so proud of you."

"Can we show Papa?"

"Ofcourse, sweetie, we'll show him later when he gets home." M smiles at the little girl.

"Mama, you wook sweepy. You can go sweep now. I play just with Ate.", referring to her Nanny.

C smiles and touches M's face with her tiny hands and M feels her heart melt at her daughter's concern.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I do feel a little tired. Okay, I'll see you a little later. Be a good girl and don't give Ate a hard time okay? Promise?"

"Pwomise, Mama. I wuv you."

"I love you more, sweetheart." M kisses C's forehead before she leaves.

As she is walking in the hallway, M feels a a little dizzy.

"Pagod nga siguro ako or gutom? Gutom. Oo nga pala. Thirdy asked for some snacks."

M rushes downstairs to the kitchen and finds RT on a bar stool beside the kitchen island fiddling with the plate in front of him. His food left untouched.

"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. I was putting Seb to sleep and helping Charm. I'm so sorry, hon."

M hugs their eldest child tightly and kisses his forehead and cheeks several times, close to tears because of her guilt.

"It's okay, Mama. It's okay." RT reassures M. "Ate fixed me a sandwich. "

"Which you don't like cause you haven't taken a single bite out of it." M frowns. "That's my fault. Sorry, Kuya."

RT is a picky eater and only M can get him to eat anything.

"Let me take that from you. I'm a little bit hungry too. " M smiles while taking a bite out of the sandwich. "Hmmm... We still have some left-over spaghetti from lunch, I could heat that up for you or do you want pancakes?"

"Pancakes!" RT beams.

M grins expecting the response. RT loves pancakes and waffles "with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, sprinkled with chocolate chips please" is the usual order.