𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | A BIRD IN A GLIDED CAGE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE NEWS HAD QUICKLY SPREAD THAT NOT ONLY WAS CAROLINE HUMANITY-FREE, BUT NOW, SO WAS STEFAN. The newfound information only made Damon even determined to get his mother back. And, considering that she would do anything to assist Damon, Evelyn called Bonnie and Kai to help get Damon's mother from the 1903 prison world.

Kai's eyes were fixed on the large knife that Bonnie had pulled so that she could slice her palm in order to get Bennett blood for the spell to work. "Damn. Crocodile Dundee called. He wants his knife back."

"Yeah. You know, he's no longer a thing, and neither is that joke." Bonnie spat back with a roll of her eyes as Damon and Evelyn both walked in wearing thick winter coats.

"Oh, wait, both of you are going?" Kai glared at Evelyn more so than the Salvatore, he knew that obviously, Damon would be going but he didn't count on Evelyn joining for the ride too. "As powerful as I am, there's a limit to how many people one witch can transport with this spell."

"Right, which is why there's two of us." The Bennett witch snapped with an irritated glare as she poured her blood onto the Ascendant before she turned back to Damon and Evelyn. "Shall we?"

"Fine. Let's go get Mama." Damon nodded to himself. He stepped forward and intertwined his fingers with Evelyn's just as the two witches began to chant.

Within a few moments, the comfort of the Salvatore house was stripped away and they were in a snowy forest, presumably Mystic Falls, 1903. The winter breeze hit them by force causing Evelyn to melt into Damon's hold for warmth.

"Well, isn't this is a picturesque slice of hell?" Damon glanced around at the scenery whilst Evelyn's grip tightened on his hand.

"You guys go ahead." Bonnie's eyes fell on Damon and Evelyn with a nod. "Kai and I will start the locator spell on the Ascendant."

"Wait, Kai was just holding it?" Evelyn raised a perfectly shaped brow toward the Bennett witch.

"The Ascendant can't travel between worlds, which means we gotta find its mirror image here in 1903." The Parker witch vaguely explained for the benefit of Evelyn.

"Page-ten on the world-jumping rule-book." Damon sarcastically rolled his eyes before he turned to his fiancé "Shall we?"

Evelyn grabbed his hand and began to walk until they stopped then turned around to look at Bonnie once again with fear in her eyes. "Wait. No, I can't just leave you alone with him, Bon.

"I'll be fine." Bonnie smiled reassuringly as she glanced to Kai, whose mouth was open in an attempt to catch snowflakes on his tongue. "He's good now, remember? New leaf."