Though, Citrus couldn't just fault one.

She faulted Modi because she let it get to that point. Continuously, running back to a man who was abusive and only cared for himself got her absolutely nothing. She just ended up with bruises, three kids that she now had to raise on her own, a broken heart, and a wedding ring that meant nothing. Especially when you exchanged vows with your husband through a jail cell. Modi was sick and Citrus vowed to never allow any man to bring her to that point.

Dewayne had done a ton of overall damage to Citrus. He also put a huge dent in her relationship with the twins. Even though he was sentenced to life in jail for two murders along with a plethora of other crimes. She couldn't help but to see him in both Briana and Braelin. She considered them friends, no doubt. She kept them close, absolutely. However, it was always to a certain extent. She had become such a closed up individual. She hardly let others in and she stayed to herself majority of the time. Due of this, Citrus was targeted throughout her school days.

She was also picked on because of her appearance, her oval shaped glasses with the thickest clear lenses. The train tracks that ran across both row of teeth. Her smooth, blemish free, sard skin. And her stocky built physique. She was on the shorter side around five foot five. Rather than being slim thick, she was just thick. With a round, fitted butt and a chubby pudge for a stomach to match. Citrus had went through puberty but it didn't hit her in the way she wished. In her eyes she was simply an ugly duckling, she felt like she didn't inherit her mother's innocent beauty or her grandmother's goddess like attractiveness.

Citrus at this point hated herself and the life that she was forced to live due to her surroundings growing up.

Quickly as she could she managed to make it  to class a little after the second bell rang. Her teacher, gave her a look of confusion before shaking his head and marking her tardiness onto his attendance sheet. She took her seat and soon to follow was the little chatter that could be heard from outside the classroom door, coming to a halt once Clint Tara cleared his throat.

He was everyone's favorite teacher. A twenty-five year old white man from California, who had taken this job fresh out of College. He hated it at first because the kids were hard to work and put up with. Though, along the way they began to ease up on him and he found himself loving each and everyone of them like they were his own.

"How was everyone's weekend?" Clint leaned on his desk as his eyes scanned throughout the classroom.

The students all responded with their personal little remarks, nothing too long or exaggerated just enough to answer the question.

"That's great, that's great," Mr. Tara smiled, "I'm glad that you all enjoyed yourselves because now it's time to work. I didn't assign any homework for a reason over the long weekend. I wanted you all to rest up and pace yourselves because this next assignment or shall I say project is going to take a lot out of all of you."

Instant groans and sighs of aspiration filled the classroom. Citrus rolled her eyes at the classroom's responses, they hadn't even heard much about the assignment to respond in that way. They just lacked motivation and a solid, strong, work ethic.

"I like those reactions," He smirked, "Let's get into it, shall we? Basically this project is going to be divided into sequences. Each part will aid in the completion of it but also your overall learning experience and collaboration process. Can I get somebody to pass out these templates? Malcom? Here,"

He handed off the stack of papers to Malcom. A seventeen year old, who just did not want to pass the tenth grade,

"By the end of this assignment, my goal is for you all to come to a mutual understanding with your partner about the topic you'll be assigned. The idea here is for you both to have different stand points on these topics. So that each person can fill in for what ever knowledge, their peer may lack. The template Malcom is passing out, contains a list of social based issues that arise different reactions from both men and women."