27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

RUNNING on approximately two hours of sleep was a terrible idea.

the worst, actually, but kihyun didn't deliberately plan on sleeping for only those two measly hours. it was a shrug of the shoulders and an oops-just-kind-of-happened type situation. in all fairness, keeping his eyes closed for more than a minute, and to stop his body from constantly turning over in bed trying to find a comfortable position, turned out to be extremely difficult. kihyun's racing mind was the reason behind it all, no surprise there. it would not shut up. if it ever felt like he was drifting off, finally letting his exhausted self rest, his brain would start rambling about anything it could possibly muster up. thoughts mostly consisted of changkyun, again, no surprise there; and about the boy's beautiful smile, cute laugh, that dimple on his cheek, and how he always—

foot kicked the sidewalk, life suddenly flashed before kihyun's eyes, the dark haired boy quickly gazed around the quiet neighborhood to make sure no one witnessed that tragedy.

focus, he breathed in. just keep walking like a normal human.

however, kihyun felt like no normal human, no, not a single bit: as if his body was being controlled by sheer impulse and the cup of coffee he had chugged down barely an hour ago, because it was the only thing he knew would keep him standing upright. as if he could even fall asleep, though. there was no way his brain would let him do such thing without knowing how changkyun felt; if there was ever a chance he'd be able to call the other 'my sweetheart'.

kihyun was scared, maybe of the possibility of being rejected- or maybe changkyun forgot to read the note and he ended up opening it right in front of him and he began to laugh at kihyun's ridiculous attempt at braille.

focus, kihyun.

turning the corner, changkyun's house came into view, and kihyun had to curl his fingers around the cuffs of his coat to stop them from shaking.

noticing a familiar figure exiting the front door, kihyun began to slightly panic. then again, at that point he was basically the embodiment of nervousness. acting fast, he picked up the pace, taking hurried strides in their direction, wanting to greet the person before they locked the door and drove off to work.

impulsively, kihyun quickly blurted from the top of the driveway: "is changkyun home?"

no 'good morning', no 'how are you this fine (yet extremely stressful for obvious reasons on kihyun's part) morning?'. he simply dove straight to the point, without any hesitation, and anxiety rushing uncontrollably throughout his bloodstream, along with the unhealthy amount of caffeine he had consumed within the past twenty-four hours. although, he was able to get ahold of himself and stutter out a quiet apology and bow to show his respect, before scratching the nape of his neck while praying changkyun's mother wouldn't tell him to leave the premises right then and there.

luckily, she was a lovely lady, simply brushing his strange behavior off with an uplift of her lips and laugh. she confirmed that, yes, changkyun was home, and that the said boy was still sleeping.

so as kihyun waved mrs lim goodbye as she pulled out of the driveway, he mentally prepared himself of every possible scenario once more.

his entire brain capacity seemed to be working on overdrive, being filled with hope and excitement and so, so much doubt, along with it. he knew it was because changkyun would soon understand how he felt - or now knew - he'd be aware of everything. that fact by itself was enough to make kihyun's heart rate fly, hands tremble, and he tried extremely hard to focus on steadying his breathing so he wouldn't pass out in the hallway of changkyun's house before he could even speak to him.