19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

ROOM painted in the bright light of the sun as kihyun laid on his bed.

it seemed brighter than usual - that was possible, right? - as though kihyun had never noticed how the sun's rays poured over his bedroom walls with a white light that was almost blinding, cover his skin in a subtle heat. but, perhaps, it only felt that way because changkyun was with him.

wherever the boy was, the atmosphere instantly felt different.

better.

kihyun wondered if other people could feel it, as well, or if he was the only one. he wondered if someone, anyone, had felt the same way he did. when he looked at changkyun, it was like his eyes could only focus on him; drawing him in so easily. his whole aura was completely eye-capturing. the air around kihyun got hotter, making his throat feel dry, lips unable to form a simple syllable, other than parting: his beauty was just so breathtaking. literally. his heartbeat felt oddly calm, until changkyun would do something. for example, brush his fingers against kihyun's hand. or how he'd simply curl his lips upwards into a grin.

his smile, not a single doubt, was one of changkyun's best features.

it wasn't like kihyun was writing notes about that in his spare time. not entirely, anyways, but that was for another day.

listening to music through one earbud, his eyes stayed on the boy for a little longer. changkyun was currently sitting at kihyun's desk in the corner of the room. it was kind of cramped, but he insisted he didn't mind. he was reading one of the worksheets his braille tutor gave him, fingers delicately traced over the bumps on the page. sometimes he would speak the words under his breath, trying to memorize all the information. gentle, quiet words, not wanting to bother kihyun- it never did, though. his gaze finally broke from changkyun, moving to the scarf which rested on his wardrobe. not having the chance to give it back to changkyun the other night, and the fact that he forgot, it remained sitting there.

he was going to give it back, he just hadn't found the right time yet.

that 'right time' being when the boy actually asked for it, because kihyun suddenly felt too shy to bring it up.

strange, he knew it. very well. the younger boy had all sorts of different affects on him. one minute, kihyun could be laughing with changkyun over something he told him, then the next second, his cheeks felt like fire because his eyes merely could not stop staring at how the boy's lips curved up in complete happiness, how his eyes crinkled at the sides. all he could think at that time was, i just made him laugh like that. which felt amazing.

kihyun paused the music, putting his phone next to him. his eyes managed to find their way back to changkyun, who looked so focused on reading. then kihyun started to notice the way his hand reached up to cover his mouth.

changkyun chuckled, a snort barely audible threw the fabric of his sleeve.

"what's so funny?" kihyun couldn't help but smile himself.

spinning around in the chair, facing away from the desk, changkyun said, "my tutor always leaves a joke at the end of the page. it's supposed to help me enjoy the work more, i guess."

cute. "can i know the joke?"

changkyun nodded, spinning back around in the chair. on prompt, kihyun stood up from the bed and walked over to him.

changkyun held onto kihyun's hand, guiding his index finger over the bottom of the page, allowing him to feel the bumps and dips. the navy-blue haired boy spoke the joke as kihyun's finger glided across the braille. a grin stretched its way onto changkyun's face when began to laugh, louder than before, and kihyun was in such a daze by the lovely sound, he couldn't even hear his own self laughing. he knew he was, otherwise changkyun probably would've looked in his direction with his head tilted to the side, eyebrows knitted together.