chapter 19

I cry and look at German mangeled body again. he didn't deserve this. It's all my fault. My best friend gone. Because of me...

I cry harder and crawl towards him body. His eyes are open and for a moment I thought h would hop back up and lick my face like he always did. Sadly that did not happen. He just lied there.

I run my hands through him fur and cry more. I bring my down and close him beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I remember the moment I first saw those eyes.

I was walking down the street in the rain trying to keep the rain off me by pulling my coat my in my face. I stepped in a puddle and fell down on my butt. I drop my coat beerier.

I look up and come face to nose with a brown fur color and a big black nose. The dog moves his head down and looks me in the eyes. His eyes a chocolate brown. It was warming.

Him being here made me feel better. Maybe it's the face that I get to see another thing. I haven't seen or talked to a person since forever ago.

I smile at the dog and the dog licks my face. I smile and laugh. This dog just made me smile and laugh. This dog is magic if he or she can do that. I feel something cold run against my face and look at it. It's his tag.

He belongs to someone.

I sigh sadly of course he does. I get up and say

"Hey buddy let's get you home"

I grab his tag and find the address. I walk towards the address. I walk up the steps and knock on the door. A young women opens the door and smiles at me. I speak up

"Hello ma'am is this your dog"

She looks down and gets a sad look on her face and says

"He was, i-i can't take care of him anymore, the shelter would kill him, so I let him go, you know be free."

I nod sadly then suddenly get an idea and say

"Um ma'am, I'll take care of him, I promise I'll take good care of him"

She smiles at me and says

"Thank you, oh and his name is German!"

I smile and look down at German

"Hey buddy, I'm going to take great care of you, you'll be my best friend, will do everything together, I love ya already"

He barked at me and looked at me with his beautiful and warm chocolate brown eyes

Those eyes will never look at me again. All that's left is dull dark brown eyes with no color in them. I didn't keep my promise. I didn't take good care of him...

I killed him, it's all my fault...