Ch 20 La Fin

Song Rec: Twice- Someone like me

•••

Lisa slowly fluttered her eyes open. Her throat was dry and her lips were chapped. She looked around the hospital room and saw Jisoo and Chaeng asleep on the cots. She looked at the clock in the wall. It read 1 am. All she wanted to do was go home.

Slowly but surely she turned to look at the chair next to her. Jennie was sitting in it, still awake.

"Why are you awake? Lisa whispers because of her dry throat.

"I can never sleep here." Jennie sighs.

Lisa nods. She knew what this was about. Jennie always avoid talking about it as much as possible but Lisa thinks that they should. This was about the car accident that once shattered everything in their life.

Their Parents.

"You're mad aren't you." Lisa states.

"Yeah...I kind of hate you right now...but at the same time I'm so fucking happy you're here." Jennie says.

"I lost them too Jennie. And I miss them just as much as you do." Lisa whispers grabbing Jennies hand.

"You know why I did what I did." Lisa continues. "You know you would have done the same."

Jennie looks over at the girls sleeping form and squeezes Lisa's hand. "...of course."

"I remember every single detail of that day. From the sound of the Ambulance to the colour of our dance shoes." Jennie says.

-Flashback-

"Hana, Dul, Set!"

Jennie and Lisa smile as their parents take a photo of them together.

"You guys are so cute." Lisa's mom says kissing their cheeks.

"You'll be the best dancers the stage has ever seen." Jennies mom smiles giving them hugs.

"You guys are gonna go to a dress rehearsal before the recital with Jennie's grandma." Jennies dad smiles picking both of them up.

"And we're going to come and watch your recital!" Lisa's dad says tickling them both.

"Hahahaa aha! Papa! That tickles." Lisa giggles.

"Ahh! Oppa stop! I'm gonna pee!" Jennie laughs.

"Girls, it's time to go." Jennies mom says.

"We love you and we'll see you soon!" They wave.

Their parents kiss them on the cheek before buckling them into Jennies Grandmas car.

They didn't know that that would be the last time they'd feel their parents warm touch, or hear their wonderful laughter.

-End Flashback-

"That's why I hate it here so much. I remember what it was like when they brought us here...When they told us that we had to say goodbye...when they said they were sleeping and that they w-weren't going-g to wake u-up." Jennie cries.

Lisa wipes her tears with her free hand and strokes Jennies hand with her thumb.

"I miss them with my whole being, I'd do anything to see them again. To hear my moms sweet singing voice or my dads laughter. Anything. And seeing you in here...in the same stupid bed. Why Lisa? Why!?" She sobs.

"I miss them too unnie. More than anything I wish that they were here. I wish that they could meet Chaeyoung so that I could tell them, tell them that I'm gonna marry this girl one day and you're gonna be so damn proud...but I can't, I can't because they were gone before I could even blink."