Original: Chapter 36 - Vacation

Noah's POV

"Brooke!" I barked at the woman who I have grown to despise over the past few weeks. 

"Yes, my love?" She entered the study where I sat finalising some work on my computer. 

"Have you even started to prepare dinner yet, or do I have to remind you of your duties as the woman of this house?" I seethed towards her, "and I commanded you never to call me that again, we are not a couple or equal in any way. How many times do I have to say that I do not love you!" 

"But darling, you did and you will again. I'm sure of it" 

I stood in anger pushing the chair from behind me and slammed my fists onto the table, "never will I ever love you again you are a conniving bitch who ruined the only good thing in my life!" 

She brushed off the words, not even flinching once at the harsh words I threw her way. Instead, she smiled and just asked what I wanted for dinner. Ignoring her words I then focused back on my laptop so she skipped out of the study to obviously prepare some sort of food. 

Every time this woman speaks to me the anger I feel towards her grows until I can't control it. I've found that the only way that it is possible is to think about her. I think about Sophia. 

But then I think about what I did to her and it makes me sick. The first time I laid my eyes on her I knew I needed her in my life- not because they told me I had to find a way to get her into my life but because I also wanted her there. I wanted to get to know her, see her beautiful smile every day, kiss her full lips.

I flinched remembering what I had done to her, the way I kicked her out of my apartment- the only place she had to live in was totally uncalled for on my part. Get out of my apartment, you have overstayed your welcome. I never want to see you again. 

Those were the only words I could get out when I told her she had to leave. If it wasn't for my family's generosity she would be homeless and be living on the streets right now. They warned me if she stayed in contact with me there would be hell to pay, but I'm drawn to her like a moth to a flame. The chemistry we have is so strong going through with this plan is tearing me apart. 

The only way I can go through with it is to think of the consequences for my family. The repercussions they would face if I didn't agree to this blackmail. 

20 minutes later the spawn of Satan enters my study again and this time with a bowl in hand. She places it on the desk and walks back out of the door. I glance over at the bowl and see a water looking substance of sorts with little pieces of pasta floating around. Soup! Fucking Soup. I go along with this plan and the least she could do for me was produce a decent meal. 

Although what do you expect? It's not like I'm doing them a favour, is it? What choice do I really have, they have the police on their side, anyone who is anyone important they have wrapped around their little finger.

I still ate the soup though, can't fault her for always making one delicious soup. Even if it is the only thing she is capable of cooking. Sophia though, wow she is one amazing chef. Every day when she lived here she managed to cook something unique and always tastier.

Tomorrow we leave for Hawaii. I wanted to take her there just the two of us before all of this happened, but now I have to spend the 12 and a half hour plane journey with the woman I love and not be able to tell her the truth about everything. 

The constant dreams I have about telling her the truth- the whole truth but I know what position that would put me and my family in. 

"Brooke!" I barked once again and she came running, just like she always has. "Are your bags packed for tomorrow? We are leaving early and I do not want to have to wait around for you"