Chapter 8

Kara felt something peaceful inside her, she had no idea where it came from. She actually couldn't tell where she was. Everything was really confusing. She could see her sister in front of her. She turned around and saw Oliver smiling at her. It was everything so bright, what was happening? She walked towards Oliver, feeling warmth inside of her as she never felt before, it was like it was revealing to her what she truly felt deep inside. She smiled at herself as she looked around and could see all her loved ones surrounding her, also smiling at her. It was a calming and peaceful feeling. She felt safe and loved.

But she wasn't safe.

She opened slowly her eyes, confused about everything. As her vision became less blurred, she could see a huge mess happening. People fighting everywhere, rays of light passing by her in super speed but she could see who it was: Wally, Barry and that freak Dark Flash. She looked to her side and saw Oliver stuck in an ugly fight with his evil twin. He had fury in his eyes and was determined to take Dark Oliver down at any cost. For a brief moment, it worried Kara. Worried about Oliver's thirst for justice and what it might do to him if he gave in his natural instincts of killing the guy. She had some hope it wouldn't come to that, but she worried. As she turned her face, she saw Overgirl floating above her.

- Wake up, sleeping beauty! I'm not done with you! – She laughed as she attacked Kara once again.

Kara was quick to roll over the floor and take flight in super speed, going in Overgirl's direction and punching her hard on the face.

Oliver was having a harder time than he thought he would, fighting Dark Arrow. He had the exact same abilities as him when it came to hand on hand combat. It was like he could anticipate all of his moves, blocking him every time. Oliver wasn't going to let him win like that, so he fought even harder. It was a bit scary, he confessed mentally to himself, because it was like Oliver was looking at the mirror in his darker days from the past. This is what he could have been... It was scary. Kick after kick, twirl after twirl, kneeling on the guts, hand blocking arms, Oliver never felt so exhausted in his life like he was feeling right now. Oliver took a few trick arrow and shot him, but he blocked with his own arrows, being a bit faster than Oliver and being able to shot him in the shoulder five times in a row. Oliver kneeled on the floor, feeling a hell of a pain but never gave up, still trying to hit Dark Oliver. He used his feet to make Dark Oliver trip as he was distracted trying to push the arrows deep into Oliver's flesh. Dark Oliver rolled on the floor as he fell, getting up again and kicking Oliver in the face. Oliver hit his head on the ground as he tried to ignore his pain. He took off the arrows one by one in an abrupt movement, holding back a scream of pain. He felt dizzy, he had no idea what those arrows had, and he wasn't sure if he could get up again. Dark Oliver prepared one more arrow to shoot him but Kara landed on the ground between them, her back to Dark Oliver.

Oliver looked at Kara standing between him and Dark Oliver. He was sure she was going to knock him down or something like that but she just kneeled in front of him, as she caressed his face.

- I'm not sure why, but I know this is important to you. Get up Oliver! I know you can do this! – She said as she stood up and reached her hand to him. – I have to go back to Overgirl, she is waking up from the ground. – She looked to her side and then back to Oliver – You wanted to take this horrible person down, and I know you can do it. Also... I trust you – She smiled with a knowing look as she ran fast towards a totally awake Overgirl.

Oliver took a deep breath as he looked at Dark Oliver again. He was just pointing the arrow towards him with an evil smile on his face. Oliver recognized that look because he had it once in him. That vicious look, that enjoyment as he teared bad guys down torturing them, as he killed his enemies in cold blood, when he dropped a lot of bodies when he came back to Star City. Everything was like a movie in his mind. He remembered how he felt alone when he came back, how he could trust no one and how he thought he was destined to be his own company for the rest of his life. All of bad dreams he had about his enemies coming back to haunt him and his loved ones, and how some of them came true. All things that made half his life a living hell, he could see reflected on that evil version of him. He looked Dark Oliver deep in his eyes as all the hell broke loose around him, and decided it was time to put an end on all of this. He felt like he needed to be the one to face his evil doppelganger, so he could put all darkness behind him for good. It was all enlightening now. Even having meeting Kara, and falling for her little by little as he was sure he was, all of that he could look in another perspective. So this was beyond personal, this was beyond important. This was crucial.