Chapter 25: The Final Battle-Avion

Everything was quiet. Avion, his hands resting on his back, glared at Sonic. He finally spoke. "Well, well, well. Looks like you defeated Shadow. I am quite impressed. But, I will not let you stop my plans. I will not hold back this time" Avion said.

"What?! You weren't even trying when you were tortuing Amy and I?" he asked. Avion nodded, grinning. "You know, if you lose. Sorry, when you lose, you and your friends are dead meat" Avion said. Sonic gritted his teeth. Everything was silent once more. But, Avion made the first move. He rushed towards Sonic and punched him in the gut. Sonic flew back and landed on the ground, hard.

Avion was pretty fast. But he didn't seem to run, he seemed to teleport.

Sonic got up and Avion punched Sonic again. Sonic tried to dodge, but paid the price trying. Sonic lay on the ground, in pain. Avion frowned. "If that's all you have then you are pathetic!" Avion slowly began walking away. But, he simply stepped aside when Sonic tried sneak attacking him. Sonic skid on the ground, stopping himself. He rushed towards Avion again, missing. 

"Why can't I hit you?!" he asked himself, flustered. Avion smirked. He raised one hand and it was surrounded in an acid green aura. Sonic felt his skin starting to burn. He ignored it and attacked Avion. Avion skidded back. He was surprised. "What?! How?!" he asked, shocked.

Sonic panted. "I have one thing you don't, and you will never have. A heart!" He rushed at Avion again and tackled him. Avion skid back some more. "Fine! If tormenting you won't work, I'll just hurt you all the same!" Avion was suddenly surrounded in a black arua. Sonic stepped back, his eyes widened.

"No way! You're turning into...." Avion suddenly turned completely black. "My dark super form?" he asked, finishing the sentence. He suddenly disappeared into thin air. "Huh? Where are you?" Sonic asked, scared. Sonic suddenly heard something behind him. He went to turn around, but he was too late. He was kicked to the side by Avion.

Sonic looked up at Avion, a few inches off the ground. He picked Sonic up, and threw him far aside. Sonic lay on the ground, motionless in pain. He couldn't go on much longer. Avion would kill him. He couldn't fight anymore. He had to face the truth....he lost. 

Sonic suddenly remembered all his friend; all the great times they had. He had wondered what it would be like if he lost them. All because of him. No, he couldn't bear to hear innocent people crying with fear. But he had taken too much. If he died, who else would protect this world? He couldn't get up. He couldn't fight back. He knew it, Avion won.

But he didn't want to let Avion win. He saw his life pass before his eyes. He had relived his birth, his beloved mother and siblings. How he met his friends. The crazy, awesome adventures they went on. Now this adventure. How he had met Amy. How he had loved Amy so much. He never wanted to lose her. He'd do anything for her.

He wanted to be with Amy forever.He needed her. She filled the empty void in his heart. He needed his friends. They were the ones that always kept his spirit up. They were always there in his time of need. He couldn't let them go. They were like family to him. No, not like. They were family to him. They were always there for him. He couldn't let them down. They had done everything for him. Now, he had to repay them....

Sonic slowly got up, ignoring all his injuries. Avion looked at him, speechless. "How are still up?!" he asked, shocked. Sonic grinned. "Hehe. There's one thing you don't know about me...I will not die!" He rushed towards Avion and punched him in the gut. Avion flew back. Sonic jumped and homing attacked him. He started to punch Avion repeatedly. Avion landed on the ground with a huge THUD! Avion looked at Sonic, stunned. 

Sonic was suddenly surrounded in a gold aura. Avion was even more stunned. Sonnic's blue fur suddenly turned gold. His hair stood up.  "I-I thought you needed the chaos emeralds to turn super!" Avion said. Sonic hadn't used the chaos emeralds. Sonic slowly walked towards Avion. Avion got up and backed away. Sonic just kept on walking, everything behind him getting destroyed. Sonic felt stronger than ever.

Avion noticed things being destroyed behind Sonic. Trees fell. The whole ground broke into several pieces, meaning to get around by foot you had to jump. Sonic slowly walked towards Avion, but fell onto the floor. He had used up all his energy. Avion managed a smile and he laughed. But the next thing he knew, he was slapped silly by Amy's hammer. He flew back. He got up, looking at Amy.

Amy jumped into the air and swung again. Avion dodged and kicked Amy. She hit the ground hard but still got up. She refused to stay down, after seeing Sonic's bravery.Avion suddenly teleported and kicked Amy far back. Avion raised his hand. "Time to end you, brat!" Suddenly a pulsing rage o dark energy came out of Avion's hand in a beam and headed straight towards Amy.

It was Avion's strongest attack. Amy guarded herself by covering herself with her left arm. She closed her eyes and looked the other way, ready for death to come. But when she saw that the beam didn't hit her, she was surprised. She looked up and saw Avion, his eyes widened. Amy looked down and tears escaped her eyes.

Sonic, was lying on the ground in front of her. Amy got on her knees, crying. Sonic had protected her. He had saved her from the blast. But he had risked his own life. 

"S-Sonic!" she said, crying. Sonic slowly touched Amy's cheek. "It'll all be okay Amy" Sonic said softly. Sonic felt the tears run down his fingers. "B-but s-sonic, w-why?" Amy asked. "Because I want you to be safe. I never want you to go..." he replied. Amy cried. "Because......I love..........you.....Amy................." Sonic stopped talking. Sonic's hand slid off Amy's cheek and fell onto the floor. Sonic's eyes slowly closed. He was dead...........................

Amy cried and cried. She suddenly got up and stopped crying. Avion stared at her. She suddenly was surrounded in a black aura, turning into her dark  super form. She never knew she had one. She rushed towards Avion and tackled him. She picked him up and threw him into the sky. She started punching him repeatedly and then kicked him onto the ground.

Avion tried getting up, but failed. Amy landed on him and smacked him with her hammer. She then flew into the sky and put one hand on top of another. A sudden beam of dark energy burst out of her hands and headed towards Avion. Dust flew all over the place.Once the dust cleared up, Amy saw something that made her smile. Avion lay on the ground, motionless. Amy turned back to normal and landed on the ground.

She slowly walked towards Sonic and took his hand. She cried softly as her bangs covered her eyes. "I'm sorry this happened to you Sonic. Thank you for protecting me...."