Chapter 13: Exposed

Sonic stared at Amy's helpless body. She breathed heavily. At least she was alive. Sonic held her hand. "I'm sorry this happened to you" he began to cry again. 

"Sonic! C'mon it's dinner time!" Sonic got up from his seat and ran into the room. He quickly sat and ate his food. When he was done, he grabbed a plate of food and ran out of the big room. "Sonic, where ya going?" asked Tails with a mouthful of chicken. 

"I gotta give this to Amy. She's suffering hunger, ain't she?" Sonic asked. Tails nodded. Sonic smiled and ran into Amy's room. "Amy..." Sonic said.

She slowly opened her eyes. She was finally awake. "Where.....am...I?" she asked. Sonic put a finger to her lip. :You shouldn't talk, you're to injured. Here, have some food, you need it. And you're in a bunker my friend Tails has" Sonic explained. She nodded. Sonic grabbed a plastic fork and began cutting the chicken. He fed a piece to Amy. She ate it with no problem. "Thank....you" she said. She weakly smiled.

Sonic smiled back. He continued to feed her. But soon, he heard a huge explosion. He stopped feeding Amy and turned his attention to the doorway. Tails came barging in. "Sonic! Eggman found us! We gotta escape!" Tails exclaimed. Sonic nodded. He picked up Amy and ran into the main hall. Everyone was waiting there. 

"How do we get out?" Knuckles asked. Tails grabbed a laser gun shot a huge piece of the wall out. "Go! go, go, go, go, go!" Tails yelled out. Everyone ran as fast as they could. Sonic ran out of there in a quick three seconds. he was on a hill. "Guys! Over here!" he yelled out. His friends ran after him. Sonic led them into a cave. There, he placed Amy down softly and carefully. They settled into there and everything was quiet.Then, a huge missile came through the entrance of the cave and exploded. Dust flew everywhere and everyone coughed, They all swung their arms to get rid of the dust.

When the dust was gone, Sonic turned his attention to Amy. She was covered in dust. "Crap!" Sonic yelled out. He swatted the dust away from her. Tails came in and checked on her. "She's fine. Now, we have to get outta here!' Tails said. Sonic grabbed Amy and the gang ran off.

They noticed Eggman on his hovercraft. "Boys! Get them!" Eggman yelled out, pointing at the gang. The robots began shooting again. Sonic turned his attention to Amy and brought her out of the range of fire. Sonic then came back and noticed his friends already started attacking. Sonic spring up into the air and homing attacked a chain of robots. When all the robots were destroyed, they exploded. The blast created a huge cloud of fog that made it hard to see. but the gang stayed close and they ran away. Sonic grabbed Amy once more. When the fog was gone, the gang was gone and Eggman didn't know where they were.

The gang ran and ran to what seemed like the Middle of Nowhere. They were in an open field, but no one came after them . It was far from where they originally lived. They decided to build their own house for shelter. 

"Okay, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver, collect the wood we need" Tails said. They nodded and ran off. Everyone else sat down on the nice, soft grass. Sonic lay on the ground and stared at the sky. It had finally turned blue again. Amy was right next to him. he looked at her and noticed her awake. "Thank...you Sonic" Amy said. Sonic smiled and nodded. 

Amy moved a bit closer to Sonic and snuggled with him. Sonic noticed her. "It's so cold" she said, shivering. Sonic felt how cold she felt. Sonic rested an arm around her and let her share his body heat. Amy smiled. She stared at the clouds. 

"Look! That one looks like a heart!" Amy said, pointing at a cloud. 

"Yeah, it does" Sonic said. Amy moved closer and rested her head on Sonic's furry chest. Sonic petted her and smiled. He noticed everyone staring at them and they were smiling. Sonic smiled back. For once, in this horrible period of life, it was nice to know there was still a little jun left to enjoy.