Chapter 18: Torture

Sonic sat down against the wall. Amy sat next to him. He turned to Amy. "Well" Sonic said. Amy turned to Sonic. "Well what?" Amy asked. "Well, we're in jail again. This is just great! We've escaped just to caught again! How great!" he kicked the wall. "And now, this guy, Avion, is planning to take over the world! God knows how powerful he is! God knows how much destruction he can cause with a single finger!" 

He walked up to the bars. He repeatedly punched and kicked them. "Sonic! What are you doing?" Amy asked, concerned. She ran up to Sonic and tried to stop him, but he continued to do it. He then heard a nasty laugh. He stopped attacking the bars and looked up. He saw Avion standing in front of the cell. 

"Don't even try, hedgehog. These bars are made out of the strongest steel known to mankind!" he knocked on the bars. Sonic gritted his teeth. "You better let us out! Or else!" Sonic yelled out. Avion laughed. "Or else what?" he laughed some more. He raised a hand mid-way into the air and a light blue aura surrounded his hand. Sonic suddenly felt an excruciating pain in his head. He dropped to his knees and held his temples. "ARG! The....pain!" he yelled out. Avion laughed. He put his hand back to his side and grinned. He raised his other hand and a blood red aura surrounded it. Sonic got up and just stared at Avion, his eyes widened. He suddenly dropped cold onto the floor. Avion laughed.

He raised both hands and a blue aura surrounded them. Amy moved back as she saw a huge waterfall appear out of nowhere on the ceiling of their roof. It splashed onto Sonic and he stood up, scared. "Water! Ah!" he ran around the cell frantically. Avion laughed. "You mean water is your weakness? That fool Ivo must've been joking with me" Avion turned his back to them. 

He began walking towards a black hedgehog. He looked all too familiar to Sonic. Once he dried the water off himself, he realized who it was. "Shadow?!" he said. Shadow turned to him. Avion looked at Shadow, then Sonic. He grinned. "Shadow, you know this brat?" Avion asked. "I actually know both of them. But I know Sonic more" Shadow explained.

Avion laughed. "Then it shall be more exciting for you to see them get tortured! I get it that you two are personal rivals" Avion said. Shadow nodded. Avion grinned. "Then it will be a delight, for both of us" Avion made his grin nastier. He raised a hand. An acid green aura surrounded it. Sonic suddenly felt a burning sensation all over. He fell to his knees in pain. Avion raised his other hand and an ice blue aura surrounded it. Amy suddenly felt very cold and fell to the ground, hugging herself to make warmth. Sonic fell to the ground. He lay on his stomach. He still shimmied around, hoping to find a cold area on the ground.

Avion laughed. "Shadow.....fight...the ....mind...control" Sonic told Shadow throughout moments of burn. Avion laughed. He walked towards Shadow. "Trust me, he's not being controlled" he placed his arm around Shadow's shoulder. "He is doing this out of his own desire" Avion said. Sonic looked at Shadow with a nasty eye. Shadow just stared back. Avion's hands turned back normal, but Sonic and Amy still lay on the ground. "You have to be kidding me! Get up!" Avion yelled, annoyed. 

The two still lay there. Avion smiled. "Fine, then". He raised both hands. One hand was surrounded in a lava red aura and the other was surrounded in a navy blue aura. Amy felt like lava was being poured on her. She ran around the cell hoping the burning would fade. Sonic suddenly felt like he was under water. He couldn't breath anymore. It was like he was drowning. Avion settled both hands to his sides. "I think that is enough torture for one day. I shall be going to continue my plan. Shadow, please stand guard. We don't want them escaping now do we?" Avion asked Shadow. He nodded. "Good. I shall be going. Ta-ta" Avion teleported away.