Chapter 23: The Final Battle-Eggman

Avion saw that the gang had survived. He was in shock, but also mad. "You idiot! They survived! After-" The plane was struck by a rocket. It was a quick RPG made by Tails. Avion was in even more shock. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" The plane crashed and exploded.

Everyone saw what happened. Sonic turned to Tails. "You think exploding the plane was a bit over the top?" Sonic asked. Tails shrugged. "Yeah. But it was for the fate of mankind" Tails said. Sonic nodded.

Sonic suddenly heard a bunch of noise. "What was that?" Sonic asked, looking around the place to see what was making the sound. Apparently, it came from the bunch of rubble that was once Avion's plane. Then, out of the blue, Eggman popped out in his hovercraft. He looked at the rubble and found no sign of his "partner".

"Avion? Shadow?" he asked, staring at the bunch of rubble. Once he realized they weren't there, he looked down, sad. He then looked at the gang, furious. "You did this!" He pressed a button that made a bunch of lasers come out. "You'll pay!" The lasers began to shoot.

"Watch out!" Everyone ran out of the way. Sonic jumped into the air, dodging the lasers. He homing attacked Eggman's hovercraft. No effect. Eggman laughed. "You think that will damage my hovercraft? Hah! It was repaired to be indestructible!" he yelled out, happy. He suddenly rushes towards Sonic so fast, Sonic didn't have time to dodge. 

The ship crashed into Sonic, the strong metal colliding with Sonic's face. Sonic flew back. He got up, trying to ignore the pain. Eggman laughed. Sonic ran towards the hovercraft and homing attacked it numerous more times. Sadly, he finished with no prevail. Eggman laughed some more.

Sonic suddenly thought of something. He grinned and ran towards the hovercraft. He jumped into the air and got ready to homing attack. But he wasn't aiming for the hovercraft, he was aiming for Eggman. Eggman stumbled around a bit. He looked at Sonic, mad. He was ready to attack as fast and painful he could.

But he suddenly felt a rock hit the back of his head. "Ow! What the...." He looked behind him and saw Amy, holding a hammer. Sonic's eyes widened. "You never told me you had a hammer!" he said. "Well, you're looking at it now!" she said. She jumped into the air, boarding Eggman's hovercraft. She smacked Eggman silly with the hammer. Eggman's glasses flew off, revealing his cold, red eyes. Amy smacked him again and jumped off.

Sonic smiled at Amy and jumped into the air. He started homing attacking the hovercraft again. Amy noticed what he was doing and joined along. She jumped back on and began smacking it as hard as she could. Eggman suddenly hopped out of his hovercraft, on his knees and with his hands up. "I give up!"  he declared. 

Sonic and Amy stopped what they were doing and walked towards Eggman. Eggman suddenly grinned as the two closed in on him. He placed two fingers in his mouth and whistled. Suddenly, a bunch of robots appeared besides Eggman. Sonic and Amy backed away. Eggman got up, laughing. 

"Did you think I'd give up that easily?" He pointed a finger at the two. "Robots! Attack!" The robots charged at Sonic and Amy. They both jumped into the air and attacked. Sonic homing attacked every robot he could. Amy tried her best to smash all the robots she could. But it was no use, they couldn't destroy every robot. There were too many!

Once the two realized they couldn't fight all of them, they backed off. Eggman laughed. Suddenly, he heard an explosion behind him. Robots began flying everywhere! He turned around and saw Tails with his RPG. "Sonic! Amy! I'm here to help!" Tails said. He put his RPG away on a sleeve on his back and pulled out twin guns. 

Sonic and Amy looked at each other and nodded. They then looked at Tails and nodded. They all rushed towards the robots and attacked. Sonic spin dashing and homing attacking the rbots. Amy smashed the robots into a million pieces. And Tails shot the robots with incredible accuracy, not missing a single robot. 

When all the robots were down, the three stood next to each other. Eggman laughed maniacally. "You think you can beat me! Hah! I'm only started! Time to die!" Suddenly, Eggman fell to the floor, blood over his back. The three looked at each other, surprised.

"Couldn't have said it better" a voice said. The three looked up and saw Avion standing there, Shadow besides him.