Chapter 24: The Final Battle-Shadow

Avion slowly walked towards the three, Shadow following. "Well, well, well. Looks like you managed to survive. Everything I made happen apparently was for nothing.The first kidnapping and the second one! Going through all this trouble to take over the world! Then again, I should blame myself. Becoming allies with that fat cow made everything worse" Avion looked at Eggman and frowned. He kicked it out of the way.

"But now he's gone. If kidnapping won't help, maybe brute force will" Avion smirked. Sonic and Amy backed up. Tails stayed front and center, though. Avion stepped back. "But of course, I shall rest up. So I shall have my trusty brother defeat you" Avion said. Shadow nodded and stepped forward.

Everything was silent for a while. But suddenly, Tails rushed at Shadow. Shadow dodged. Tails jumped into the air and took his twin guns out. He shot Shadow but Shadow dodged every one. Shadow jumped into the air and managed to snatch a gun from Tails. It was an M16A1. 

Shadow landed on the ground and began to shoot. Tails ran for cover and hid behind a wall. He began shooting as much as he could. Sonic was stunned. He had never seen this side of Tails. He didn't even know Tails was good with guns.

Eventually, Shadow ran out of ammo. So he ran towards Tails dodging every bullet coming his way. he punched Tails in the gut and kicked him aside. Shadow watched as he saw Tails trying to get up. Shadow walked up towards Tails and picked him up. He then threw him on the ground hard. Tails couldn't get up since he was in too much pain.

Amy decided it was her turn. She rushed at Shadow with her hammer and swung it like there was no tomorrow. Shadow dodged by jumping into the air. He landed behind Amy. "You know, I'm not a fan of hitting girls-" Amy swung her hammer again. Shadow jumped into the air and was behind her again. "-But you're an exception" Shadow kicked Amy's back and she fell to the ground. Amy decided to play it smart and stay down. But Shadow knew her plan.

For some strange reason, Shadow seemed a lot stronger. A lot more agile. A lot more quick and swift, skilled, and smart.

He kicked Amy's stomach and kicked her aside, dodging Sonic's sneak attack. Sonic stopped running and looked at Shadow, both utterly amazed and freaked out. Shadow picked Amy up by pulling her hair and threw her aside, getting ready for the real fun. Sonic rushed towards Shadow but he dodged. Sonic skidded along the grass, trying to stop himself.

He looked up at Shadow. "Shadow! Why are you helping this maniac?" Sonic asked. Shadow smiled. "It's fun getting to finally torment you. Also, I'm getting a spot of royalty once Avion takes over" he ran towards Sonic and tackled him. Shadow punched Sonic's face continuously and was eventually kicked off by Sonic. Sonic stared at Shadow, angry.

Shadow smirked. Once Sonic realized that Shadow wasn't going to change his mind, he went all force. Sonic rushed at Shadow and tackled him onto the ground. Shadow's eyes widened as he tried to escape Sonic's wrath. Sonic started violently beating Shadow. He had felt so betrayed! He got off Shadow. Shadow tried his best to get up. Shadow got up but stumbled backwards, falling right in front of Avion.

"Avion....I'm sorry" he said softly. Avion helped him up. He sighed. "It's okay" he said. He placed Shadow in a safe place, being careful of his brother's weak body. Though Avion was evil, his family always came first.

He came back, right in front of Sonic. Everything was quiet. This time, the real fight was to start. The matter of the world rests on Sonic's hands. If he loses........