Chapter 3: Dormitories and...confrontations?

Serena's POV

Ash carried me all the way to the dormitories, where we were asked to stay in the basement. I mean why? Basement? They said it was because we were first years and we haven't been sorted into our houses yet. Wow, this place also has a house system? But anyways, I like this building, it is warm and cozy... with all the orange and scarlet wallpaper around... And although it is the basement, it is still like a hotel room

''Sere, can I let you down now?'' Ash whined and I nodded slowly. He put me down on the bed and sighed loudly. He changed into his clothes and plopped himself to bed.

''Goodnight.. Princess..'' He mumbled as he tossed into bed. I walked slowly over to him, while using the bed as support. When I put my leg into the bed, Ash pulled me in to his warmth.

''I can't leave you...No matter how angry you get...'' He hugged me tightly and I giggled softly. I wrapped my arms around him, and just as I was about to fall asleep...

''Sere?''

''Mmm?''

''I want to tell you that I think your ability is visionary''

''Visionary?''

''You know you said your nightmare felt so real yesterday? And it really did happen? Those are called visionary. You can see into the future''

''R-really?''

''Yeah. Just wanted to let you know. I'll go to sleep for now.'' Ash pulled me close to his face. He gave me a short kiss on the lips ''Goodnight''

I giggled and laid in his embrace ''Goodnight my prince''

...

Ash and I woke up early the next morning. Miraculously, I was able to walk normally again and Ash seemed very relieved about it. We decided to take a short walk in the park and we have a long time before the start of the year banquet begins at 6pm, a tradition for the school, as according to what the clerk at the lobby told us. It is also then, we get sorted into our houses. I really hope Ash will get into the same house as me...

Anyways, as I was saying, we took a walk in the park and my gawd, the park is so much bigger than the high school one! And just as we were walking, guess who we saw. Nope. It's not Gary or Dawn, besides they don't wake up that early, it was Miette. Great. Just what I needed.

''Miette.'' Ash's voice suddenly went cold and he gripped my hand tighter.

''Hi Ash. I just wanted to tell you that I am clean in the records here, so you can't blame anyhting on me. And besides, I have my father working here. He is the headmaster and he teaches potion. So prepare to get wrecked. I will make your life into a living nightmare.''

''Which you will not. Because I, here, will protect Serena and me. So don't you dare try anything''

''Heh.'' She sniggered and threw her hair backwards as she strode away.

...

We were well dressed for the banquet and now following the directions of a Professor called Professor McGonagall. She had a strict face and I instantly knew that I wasn't messing around with her.

''Wait here while we get ready.'' She stopped us in front of a small door. She stepped out of the room and disappeared from sight. I held Ash tightly, not knowing what is going to happen.

''Calm down Dawn...It's ok...'' I turned my head around to see Dawn hugging Gary tightly. More tighter than me.

The Professor quickly returned. Everyone instantly quietened down. ''In a few moments, the banquet will begin. But as usual, we will start off with the sorting ceremony.'' she paused for a moment ''The house system is here to sort you based on your ability. You will sleep in the same dormitories, have the same timetable. We have the house cup here. Every end-of-the-year, we see which house has the most amount of points and they will celebrate the end-of-the-year feast with their house colour decorated all over the great hall. How to earn points? Easy. Every good progress will subject to addition of points and every rule breaking will result in deduction of points'' she looked at everyone before continuing ''Please follow me'' She gestured everyone out into the hall. There were 4 rows of tables. Each having it's own colours, green, scarlet, bright yellow and sea blue. There were students on all the tables and they were chatting excitedly among themselves. We stopped as soon as we reached a piece of raised platform.