Chapter 15: King X Diane (TO BE CONTINUED...)

Start from the beginning

"Being Meliodas' instrument,formed by his deadly magic, I can only die once and that was after our first life together. You were born by Elizabeth's holy magic which tied you having a living body. The Queen, the most powerful yet vulnerable person in the world can die in Purgatory. Every time you die, I feel like I want to die too. I have to wait around 100 years or more for you to come back to me. It's so lonely without your soulmate for hundreds of years." he got closer to me and put both of his hands on my shoulder, gripping it tight.

"I've been the reigning King of Purgatory for only the Gods know how long. Time in Purgatory doesn't match in the Living. 3000 years sounds laughable right now....."King attempted to laugh but he couldn't.

He finally let go of my shoulders. King proceeded to wipe away his tears. He tried to put on a tough act but I can see how much of a softy he really was. He spoke in a happy feeling yet sad tone.

"But somehow, a miracle happened.The Supreme Goddess intervened. She was the one who created the tradition to the humans. I don't know how but she did. The Goddess worked in mysterious ways. Offering a female once every 100 years.Many women were offered but none passed through Purgatory's gates.The Supreme Goddess casted her magic to make sure that it's not going to be a random girl...she made sure that the female was you, Diane.No matter how much you drift away from me, Fate will lead you here in various ways. So it's not a coincidence how you are here, it's been establishment long ago that you are meant to be here, Diane."King held both of my hands and gripped it tight.

"How did......Gloxinia take over?"this is something that bothered me. He was dubbed King for I don't know how many years. "How did you loose everything?" King sucked in a breath.
"A King can't function well...without his Queen. When the next Diane came to Purgatory, I treated her with the same love and affection as her past self. After our marriage, she started remembering the memories of her other life."

I just caught a glimpse of myself a moment ago. Was I starting to remember too? "I was very protective of you. Like the time those rogue souls escaped hell and attempted to burn purgatory, you were priority above all else. Making sure you are safe before heading into the battle is my personal mission." I can see the love within his eyes. My heart started beating. I start to wonder, Are the emotions I am feeling right now actually mine?......or existing feelings of my past lives?

"It was only a month..I think.....after our marriage that Gloxinia decided to overthrow me.He was a common fairy. Doing his task with helping the souls grow their wings. Nothing malicious on his record. I never saw it coming though." King let go of my hands. I could see him clenching his fists.

" Gloxinia murdered you that fateful day..." The anger in his eyes were visible. "He killed you with his cold blooded hands and Left you to rot in the open. I was devastated. My mind couldn't function well. He then cursed my name, took my powers and attempted to steal the Fountain Of Youth's holy water. But there was a miscalculation. In order for him to drink from the cup, the Queen's blood was be added. To bad the blood of the Queen he murdered had already dried up. He had nothing on him now."

"I don't think that's the end of that..." There's more to this.
"You are right. I don't know what triggered Gloxinia to commit such a crime. He accused me for killing his sister. Never have I ever killed a fellow fairy of mine yet he thinks otherwise." I followed his gaze up to the top of the Fairy King's stem. The tree sure is magnificent to stretch so high. I don't know if it did touch the sky since the clouds were blocking the view.