𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"This is a joke, right?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow toward Kai whilst Damon rolled his eyes.

"So when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must've gotten some of his qualities or something, like empathy. So I Googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed." Kai continued to ramble on. "So I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like, water just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some sort of alien creature excreting fluids."

Elena raised an eyebrow as she stood beside Evelyn. "You mean, you cried?"

"Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter. The feelings; they're still there. So, I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family. But, let's face it guys. I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's good somewhere in me."

"Okay. What if there's something you can do for us in exchange?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

In exchange for giving Jo the letter from Kai, they wanted Kai to help them get Bonnie back. And, he agreed. "Sad attempt at iron welding," Kai commented, as he examined the Ascendant.

"I tried to fix it." Elena shrugged.

Kai let out a final sigh, then he glanced back up to the three vampires. "I can't bring Bonnie back with this."

"And why the hell not? Aren't you suppose to be the leader of the Gemini Coven now, or whatever the Hell that means." Evelyn snapped furiously while she narrowed her eyes to the witch.

"I destroyed this so that it couldn't be used again." Kai held the magical object up in his hand with his eyes fixed on the brunette.

"Well, can we use that hunk of hunk to send a message at least? It is her birthday." Damon tilted his head with a look of sadness in his eyes, whilst Elena and Evelyn smirked.

"it is?" Kai let out a sigh of guilt as his face dropped.

"Yeah, it's really sad. I mean, little Bon-bon she's gonna be getting all dressed up for a party no one's even gonna show up to. I mean, I wonder if she even knows that it's her birthday, or do all the days just blend into one vast sea of misery? I wonder."

The Gemini witch glanced down at the Ascendant once more. "One of the crown wheels survived. That's a positive. Plus, I am mega-powerful." He added with an arrogant smile. "What do you want to say?"

"Well, I mean, if Bonnie needs magic to get out, we just need to tell her where to find some." The Salvatore explained with a light shrug.

"Right, okay. So, Jo stored hers in a hunting knife. Bonnie sent hers back here with Ms. Cuddles." The Austin vampire glanced toward Damon, who clearly knew of something else. "What else is there?"

Damon flung his arm over her shoulder with a smirk. "Let me give you a hint: Scorned lover."

"Katherine?" Elena raised an eyebrow toward Damon.

"Older."

"Silas?" Evelyn continued on from Elena's guess, but Damon shook his head once more.

"Hotter."

Elena turned on her heels and gave the Salvatore a look, "I don't know, Silas was definitely hot."

"Ugh." Damon grimaced in disgust.

"Wait. I got it. Qetsiyah." The Austin vampire revealed. "Her blood is all over Silas' headstone!"

"Yep!" Damon clapped. "So in Bonnie-Land, that means that an island off Nova Scotia is a big magical battery waiting to be tapped. We just need to remind Bonnie of that."