Chapter 37

Evena slowly opened her eyes and realised that was a dream. A lump in her throat formed at the thought of her father. The leather jacket clung to her shoulders as she looked around. She was leaning against Jay and she realised he must be getting wet from her hair. Evena got up and frowned. "Eve? You ok?" they were at the back seats of a sturdy blue car. The driver glanced back and Evena smiled. "Roy," she grinned. "Evie, man you are a mess," he shook his head before focusing his blue eyes back on to the road.

Roy was 20-years-old and Jay's older brother. They looked so much alike. The hair, eyes, shoulders, nose you name it. Evena turned to face Jay, "Where are we going?" she asked. "To my house, considering you wouldn't want to go to yours?" he gave her a sympathetic smile and squeezed her hand. Evena's heart skipped a beat at his touch. "Yeh," she whispered, looking in to his mesmerising blue eyes.

"When you were in Roy's car i went back to the party," Jay started and Evena's eyebrows shot up. "And i ripped out the cords-" he explained before Roy cut him off, "And my little brother thrashed the party," he grinned and Evena shook her head but smiled, "Can't believe that." "You have to believe it!" Jay said firmly. "Alright, I believe you." Evena sighed as happy memories filled her mind as the car pulled up on to the grey cemented drive way.