Chapter 26

The dance had finished hours ago and after a few awkward introductions between Zemma and Zayne with Cherry giggling, they had settled and were at Zemma's house. Cherry preferred Zemma's house as she could not obtain any privacy in her castle room. 

"Evena, where are you going to go?" Zemma asked. "You could go home and sleep without your horrible mother knowing and then come back when you wake up?" Cherry offered hopefully. A lump in Evena's throat grew as a tingling sensation lingered in her fingers. "Can't we let her stay? Cherry, couldn't you talk to Queen Zinnia?" Zayne protested. Evena looked at her hopeful. Cherry looked thoughtful for a few moments. "My mother is very kind, i guess we shall try," Cherry nodded and Evena envied her. Cherry's mother was the queen. She probably loved her. And missed her when Cherry was gone or away.

Zayne's face lit up and Zemma smiled. Cherry held Evena's hand and whispered so only she could hear, "I promise you won't ever be in pain again." "We must change!!" Zemma announced, "Zayne, come back here in 20 minutes!" Zemma ordered and with a giddy smile towards Evena, Zayne left. Cherry giggled again and Evena smacked her lightly on the arm. 

"Gosh Evie, we'll need to give you a good scrub to get rid of all that layers of foundation. Honestly, you look like Dove Lint!" Zemma exclaimed as Evena was dragged to the showers as Cherry flew back to her palace to change. Dove Lint was the palest pixie ever. She was white as blank paper. Her mint blue eyes and mint green hair with purple highlights looked so piercing and sharp against her skin. Especially the fact she wore unnaturally bright dresses and clothes. But she was Dove after all and it suited her.

After 10 minutes Evena stood in front of Zemma's long mirror and her skin was back to normal. Tan. But the rest of her features where still how they were in "fairy-mode". When Zayne came back he was taken back. "Whoa, what happened to you?" he chuckled and teasingly plucked out a flower that Zemma had put in her hair and a braided long pigtail came undone. "Zayne!" she huffed, as her blue silky hair came out wavy. 

Cherry entered and fixed up Evena's hair. "Shoo away Zayden!" Cherry said. "Zayden?" Evena said, a mischievous smile forming. Now it was Zayne's turn to huff, "C'mon Cherry!" Cherry laughed, "Deserved it and plus, i am your future queen," she said in a lady-like manner. "People! We are visiting the Queen! Oh Evena, you can't wear your hair in simple pigtails! Zayne fix your messed up hair....and life!" Zemma called, clearly annoyed. 

"Fine," they all groaned.