Chapter 10

"You could not have chosen a better place than this..." Camila murmured, her petite body wrapped in my arms. The warmth her body provided was enough to earn a delighted hum from me, my eyes momentarily closing at how content I felt. Her back currently leant against my front, her head safely tucked in the crevice between my neck and my shoulder.

"Well, it is where we first met," I replied, a small smile on my face as my hands went to tuck underneath my girlfriend's shirt– my thumbs kneading delicately at her smooth stomach. I noticed a small smile on Camila's lips, assuming she enjoyed the feeling of my touch. I brought my attention back to the beautiful display of the ocean in front of us, the only sounds to be heard were our quiet breaths and the occasional crash of the waves against the shoreline. I couldn't explain the ocean at this hour even if I tried- it was much too difficult to perfectly describe the world's stunning body of water. All I can say is that it is definitely worth a picture.

Camila hummed a small tune, nearly in-sync with the patterns of the waves sloshing backwards and forwards. Watching the tide plummet down onto the sand and be drawn back was always an interesting asset about the ocean, but I never questioned it because it was beautiful and calming, and one of the only sources I could draw a source of peace from. Now all of those traits were tied into one person, and that was the young Cuban in my arms. As her chest rose up and down, Camila eventually moved her head to peer up at me- her brown eyes gazing into mine with an undetectable expression in them.

"What?" I ask curiously, feeling slightly unsure under her somewhat intimidating gaze. The younger girl shook her head, her small giggle erasing the anxiety that bubbled in the pit of my stomach, easily replacing it with warmth from the sound of her melodic sound. I shook my head, rolling my eyes at Camila's behavior while tightening my grip around Camila's petite waist.

"Nothing," she eventually said, "I'm just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" I ask.

"Who knew that the beautiful girl I came to meet on this very beach in this very spot would make me feel, ah I don't know how to explain it... like the most prettiest girl in the world? On a small island too, y'know? I feel like there's some irony there, being that the world and the island have such a large to small ratio, but I'm being serious!" I chuckled at Camila's statement, although I understood what she meant. Grinning, I brought my lips to press against the side of her head, letting them linger there for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Ditto."

"You've said that before, and I've always meant to ask you what that is. What does it mean, ditto?" Camila cocked an eyebrow in confusion, tilting her head off to the side a bit.

"You've never heard of that word before?" Camila shook her head, adjusting her body a bit to get more comfortable on my lap. "It was like, a small theme in the movie 'Ghost'? With Patrick Swayze?"

"Oh, I know about him, but I only saw 'Dirty Dancing' because it's one of those iconic 1990's movie," Camila admits, a sheepish grin on her face as she brought her face to bury in my neck.

"Well, so is 'Ghost'... I mean, when Patrick's character, Sam, finally finds peace and crosses over to the afterlife, he had this thing with Demi Moore's character, who's Molly aka his love interest, where they say ditto instead of saying, 'I love you too' or something like that. It's the biggest cliche in the book, c'mon!" I exclaimed, raising both of my eyebrows, awaiting for Camila to realize what I'd been talking about. Honestly, I was pretty surprised due to the fact that Camila was the biggest cheeseball I have ever met in my entire life, myself being the second because who doesn't love good fluff? "Nothing?"