Chapter 1

Ha. Ha. This is fun.

I never planned to really continue this fic, but I might as well publish what I have. This is all old writing, so if some of it seems... weird? Then yeah. Rewriting fragments as I go, enjoy.

-

The brunette smiled in return, licking her lips subtly as she reached her own hand out to shake mine

"Camila."

Oh, God.

--------

The pair of captivating hazel eyes stared back into my own, her plump lips forming an attractive smile. "You aren't half bad at surfing, could use some tips though," she teased, making me laugh a little.

Had she been watching me out there?

"Oh? Looks like I've got myself a fan now." I replied back smoothly, combing my hair away from my eyes as I sent her a sly smile. For a moment, I thought I had said something wrong as her eyes traveled down to look at the damp sand beneath us, but that worry left as soon as it came when I caught her smile. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, she slowly returned her gaze back to me, her lips naturally pursed.

"I don't suppose you could take me on in a surfing match now, would you?" She exclaimed boldly, licking her lips.

This girl's one to make challenges? Well, I'll be damned.

Before I could even accept, the brunette spun around on her heels to sprint towards a young girl, passing the volleyball to which the young girl happily took. I heard the two exchange a giggle, and to say I wasn't lost was an understatement. Here I was, meeting this girl for the first time, and all of a sudden, a surfing challenge was in our midst. The stranger I had met came back with a board of her own, gesturing for me to walk alongside her towards the wading, crystal clear water.

After for what felt like hours of paddling back and forth, feeling the rush surge beneath us, we concluded that it'd be best to take a break. We laid comfortably on our boards, taking in the calm of the water that surrounded us. A mixture of orange and yellow decorated the sky like paint, hovering above us like a chandelier.

The brown-eyed surfer girl ran a hand through her hair, bringing her long-silky hair on one side of her shoulders. Honestly? We didn't talk much, which worried me less because being a conversationalist was not my plan for this evening.

We eventually decided to return back to shore since it was getting late. As we dried off, Camila took out a pen from her beach bag and grabbed my arm- a series of numbers scribbled messily across the length of my forearm. "Call me sometime, it was fun kicking your ass in surfing today." She teased, making me roll my eyes playfully in response.

"Yeah yeah, alright. I'll let you win this time because I'm feeling nice today, but next time, you won't be so lucky. I've got a lot more up my sleeve." I said. Camila laughed at that, making my heart swell at the sound. She looked around quietly, before giving me a smile and a quick kiss on the cheek.