Chapter 19: Late Night Confession

Every hour passing had been longer for Hermione which she spent in her confine room, staring into the white walls, her mind floating in an infinite and consuming space of darkness. There were many things and questions clawing in her head that night that sleep hasn't been her option.

Although sure that her anxiety was flooding her system again, Hermione opted not to take any potion for that night. She has to remain strong like she used to be without relying on some chemicals. She don't need a temporary reliever since her number one provider of it was currently fighting for his life.

Draco Malfoy, the person she'd never thought to laid a finger ever again. That annoying scumbag who used to insult her in ever possible way he could, that boy who made her cry after Ron.

Now that man was the person keeping her awake and distressed with her own thoughts. The guy in the room across her own.

A couple of hours ago, her house had been filled with some member of the Orders leaded by Kingsley. Hermione suggested to schedule the attack before the sun rises. They will be using the Thestrals and broomsticks for aerial defense inspite of the fact that the mere thought of flying was making her feel nauseous.

Hermione had warn Harry to never tell anyone about Draco's condition, it will be a secret mission of their own. Blaise and Theo would be the ones in charge to find the person possessing the Elder Wand while Draco will stay under the Invisibility Cloak. It took her a whole lot headaches and soar throat to convince Draco about her plan because apparently his short temper wouldn't bring him any good.

The silence in her room was giving her more stress instead of relief, Hermione crawled out of her bed and slid in her slippers.

Careful not to make any noise, she sneak to the opposite room and turned the door knob slowly. Draco was lying on his back, Hermione couldn't make out his face because the only light present was the faint glow of the moon outside the window beside him.

She was about to close the door again when a cold voice spoke, "Can't sleep either."

Hermione nearly cheer upon hearing those words, she took a step inside, holding herself together so she won't appear glad about him being awake.

"You should rest," she said instead.

"And so are you." Hermione wasn't surprise with his dull expression as she walked towards the empty armchair beside his bed and settled in.

"Malfoy, tomorrow will be your final day so I'm begging you to set aside all your ego for a while and let us go with the plan. Wait until you are told to get out of the cloak. Will you?" she was trying to find something else to say but she wouldn't want things to get more awkward so she settled with the usual lecture.

"Thanks for reminding me for the thirtieth time Granger." Draco replied shortly. He propped himself up and climbed out of bed. Hermione immediately shifted her gaze into the open window since Draco wasn't wearing anything except for his black and white checkered boxer shorts.

"Er-- okay. I- I think that settles it, I can now sleep in peace." Hermione was suddenly aware how her heart was thumping in her chest. "G-goodnight Malfoy." she pushed herself up and about to aim for the door when a slim yet firm figure blocked her way.

Hermione gulped the sudden bile that rose up to her throat upon seeing those not so obvious abs on Draco's expose stomach. She lifted her face just to find his glistening eyes staring back at her own.

"This is probably my last night, do I have to spend it alone?" Draco said in almost a whisper that oddly weakened her knees.

"Er- what makes you said that? Malfoy I told you we will make sure that plan will be successful and you would have a spare time to destroy the wand." Hermione convinced herself that she should remain modest in front of that living temptation.