Chapter 14: Welcome back, Best friend.

The cold wind blew at Draco and Hermione's faces, her lips was still on his. But neither was moving, no tongue, no intense feelings involved, just lips to lips. Her eyes were wide open, surprised for what she did. Hermione pulled herself and moved a feet away from him, her cheeks went pink instantly though not really visible if he won't look closer.

A smug grin formed at Draco's face, he leaned his back at the tree trunk once more, staring at her face. "So, what's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

Hermione didn't lift her head, she's avoiding his gaze, her palm was sweating despite of the cold breeze. "Ah... I.... I did not mean to do that... I'm just.." Hermione's tongue seemed to tied in a knot. "Just.. Carried away." She finally said.

"Carried away? Granger, you snogged--"

"Kissed." Hermione corrected.

"It's just the same, isn't it?" Draco raised his brow, still cannot catch her eyes.

"No it's not." Hermione muttered to him. "They're different."

"What, of course they're not. I think you should consult a dictio-"

"Will you just shut it down Malfoy?! Look, it's an accident. Your words just made an impact and it just came up to my mind to kiss you, I mean, it's not necessarily because it was you, maybe if Ron was there or... Or Harry.. Or Ginny.. I'll still do the same. I told you, I'm just carried away." Hermione said, ignoring her heart that's banging in her chest.

"I don't think so, I'm still convinced that you're taking advantage with me." Hermione sighed exasperatedly at this. "But as much as you want to stay here with me and steal another kiss from me, I'm afraid I must go now. You should go back to your house as well if you want to stay alive for the rest 24 hours." Draco lift himself up, standing at the fat tree branch.

Hermione finally looked at his silver eyes, "Fine, if that's the only reason your shallow mind can absorb then let it be. By the way, here's your wand, can I have mine as well?" Hermione snapped, she's still sitting at the branch, her other hand was clutching at the rough surface. She's afraid of heights ever since before, it's just the adrenaline that made her rode the broom during the last war.

Draco slipped his hand inside the pocket of his trouser and get her silver wand. "Here you go." Hermione stretched her arm but still couldn't reach the wand from his hand.

"Just hand it to me." She demanded.

"No. You should stand and get it from me." Draco said, his tone became serious, determined to wait until she stand up.

Hermione looked down, she gulped at the sight. There were no other branch that might caught her if ever she fell, her body will probably hit the cold ground instantly. However, across to her, Draco was playing her wand at his pale fingers, a stupid smirk on his face. Hermione shut her eyes for a moment before opening it again, she slowly lift herself although her knees were shaking.

Draco stared at her attentively, she managed to stood on her feet but before she could take a step, her right foot slipped at the branch. Draco immediately grabbed her waist but lost his balance as well, Hermione screamed as her nails dug at the fiber of his jumper.

"Aresto Momentum." They landed at the cold land noiselessly. His back on the ground while she was on the top of him, her eyes were tightly close and her small body was shuddering inside his arms.

He didn't move for a while, he let her sob on his chest. He's mentally cursing himself for scaring her, he almost forgot that this witch was facing an emotional breakdown and she might broke at any moment, he supposedly helping her, nevertheless he doubt it's his job anymore. There's no way he'll be a healer anyway, there's no point at all.