Chapter 10: Unexpected

Hermione slowly opened her eyes, her gaze fell on the carpet where Ron was lying, his eyes were close and an empty phial still on his left hand. She immediately sat up, feeling a slight, dull ache on her leg, she surveyed the whole place, a light coming from the rising sun filtered on the curtain as she stood on her feet. She walked slowly toward the window to peek outside, there's no sign of Harry, he did not return last night. Hermione felt the panic creeping on her chest again.

"Hermione? You okay?" Came a worried voice from behind her.

She didn't turned at him, "Yes Ron, why does Harry didn't returned yet?"

Ron stood and placed the pillow back on the couch, he used his wand to summon the kettle and two cups of tea. "I have no idea Hermione, but I'm sure he's okay. He will always be okay." He said while warming the water inside the kettle.

"H-how about Malfoy..." Hermione asked in rather faint voice.

Ron paused for a moment, his gaze were fixed on the kettle though not giving full attention on what he's doing since the mouth of the kettle already blowing a hot steam. He'd just noticed it when a few amount of hot water spattered on his arm. "Ouch!" He hissed.

Hermione turned around and quickly sat next to him. "What happened?!" She exclaimed.

"No.. Nothing... It's okay Hermione," he gave a faint smile before pouring the two cups with hot water.

Crack!

"Ugh damn!" The hot water spilt on Rons sleeve when a loud sound of apparition came outside. He quickly cast a healing spell to mend the mild burn on his arm. "I got to kill that arsehole!" He howled before walking toward the door.

"Harry what the hell are you--" his sentence was cut as soon as his gaze fell on the three man standing by the front lawn of the house. Ron draw his wand and point it in their direction.

Theo did not hesitate to do the same, his face stiffened as he stared at the red haired wizard. "Drop it Theo." Draco commanded as he walked toward Ron.

"Another step and I will hex you Malfoy!" Ron scowled in gritted teeth.

"Ron! Don't!" Hermione used her body to shield Draco from any coming hex, Ron looked puzzled but didn't lower his wand.

"Out of the way Hermione! Can't you see, he's with two death eaters!" Ron yelled exasperatedly.

Hermione looked at Theo and Blaise then to Draco, her eyes were asking silent questions. The blond wizard could understand those stare, he gestured on Theo who hesitantly lowered his wand. "They've defected... Secretly defected." Draco said plainly.

"You seriously think that we will eat your well made lies?" Ron finally stepped out of the house and walked toward the three.

"We will explain everything if you let us, otherwise you'll left me no choice but to fight you Weasel. You against the three of us? I don't think you'll stand a chance." Draco said coldly, even Hermione was left a bit shock of what he said. The way he speak, it's very different compare to his usual tone for the past weeks she had spent with him.

Ron's jaw tightened but still refuse to let them move. "Yeah? Try me." He spat.

Theo, who seems so eager to shoot a flying hex to Ron from the moment they came was the first to point his wand to his direction again, however Draco and Blaise remained calm. "We don't need to make this complicated Weasley." Blaise spoke from behind Draco.

"Really now Zabini? 'Cause your disgusting mark saying otherwise." Ron howled.

"Disgusting?! Are you bloody serious?! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen." Theo chuckled as he raise his arm and show them the mark clearly. Hermione flinched slightly.