Chapter 13: Midnight Stroll

Ron was lying by the couch, he had few bruises on his leg, while Dean, Seamus and the other two man they'd rescued were warming up with their bowl of soups served by Luna.

"Why they aren't coming yet?" Hermione embraced herself while walking back and forth in front of the fireplace.

*crack!*

Ron immediately stood on his feet and joined Hermione to open the door. "Help us!" Came Harry's voice.

Hermione gasped when she saw Ginny who's body was like a doll being carried by Harry. She's unconscious and there were wounds all over her skin. Katie Bell who's trembling came to follow them inside. Ron searched for any potion they could use, but Hermione already knelt down beside Ginny and carefully traced the tip of Draco's wand on Ginny's open wounds.

After a minute of prolonged silence where Hermione's muttering of healing incantation was the only thing could be heard in the living area, another sound of apparition came outside. "They must be here." Harry opened the door for their expected Slytherin companions.

"He have broken bones," Blaise was still panting while struggling to held Theo by his arms, Harry ran toward them and help them get inside.

"I'll take care." Hermione said before picking the numbing potion in Malfoys potion kit.

"Fuck! It's bloody painful!" Theo grunted when Hermione tried to remove his button up sleeve. The brunette witch rolled her eyes and in just waved of the wand, Theo's sleeve immediately torn out from his body. "Hey! That's expensi-- argh!"

Harry ignored his cries of pain, his eyes reluctantly searched for someone behind the open door before Blaise closed it. "Where is he?" He asked.

"Safe." Luna was the one who spoke making all heads turned to her direction, aside from Hermione who's still muttering incantation and Theo who's still scolding unpleasant words.

"What?" Ron's eyebrow furrowed.

"It's carved on this knut." Luna showed them the fake knut that was sealed with Protean charm.

"Good Merlin!" Blaise exclaimed falling his back at the couch and sat beside Ron who automatically move a few feet away. "I don't know why or how but at least we knew he's fine."

Luna brought Katie upstairs to change while Harry sat at the carpet beside the couch where Ginny's unconscious body was lying. Hermione duplicated her single couch before they arrive lately. The numbing potions seems to take effects on Theo since he'd stopped cussing, Hermione stood up and sat beside Ron. She can't help thinking about her personal healer, the wizard that was leaving here with her for the past week. And now he's so far from her, probably in mortal peril she cannot think how one could escape.

"We need to go back in the headquarters." The old man with beard said. "Thank you very much to all of you, especially the two of you. We will make sure that your heroic deeds will reach to the minister."

"Don't ever say that again." Theo forced to point his finger on the man before slumping back on the couch.

"We will go now, Mr. Potter." He just smiled though the evidence of the few days of no bath and starving were still carved on his face.

"Right." Harry stood and walked toward the man to shook his hand. "Can you tell Mr. and Mrs. Weasley that Ginny's already safe with us? We will be there tomorrow, we will just add more protection enchantment in this house. I'm sure this will be their next target." Harry said before leading them outside.

Hermione felt so anxious than ever, she closed her eyes tightly and tried to imagine beautiful things but it's no use. She stood up and simply climbed up to her room.