Chapter 16: The Fault in the Plan

Draco opened his eyes, he was greeted by a searing pain in his whole body. His vision was blurred and throat was dry, he tried to sat from the bed, groaning in pain by the smallest effort. He looked at his arms and legs, then surveyed himself, he was wearing a different clothes from the last one he was wearing before he passed out. The bruises and wounds were also gone leaving his natural pale skin, he reckon that someone already mend it, although the internal pain was still there.

His eyes adjusted at the bright light coming from the chandelier above him, "How do you feel, my dear nephew?". Draco's head turned to his left where his aunt was standing beside the tall window glass. Her hair was terribly tangled, and there were a dark circles just below her already dark leaded eyes. It seemed like she hasn't slept for weeks?

Draco was reluctant to speak so he nodded mutely. "Good." Bellatrix walked toward him and sat at the feet of his bed, her gaze never left him. "Are you hungry?" she asked. Draco couldn't believe his senses, it was the first time she ever asked him about how he felt.

He tried so hard not to flinch and managed to clear his throat without appearing anxious in front of her. "A bit, I can wait though. It looks like you want to talk to me first." He said casually.

"I'm glad you noticed." She said.

"It's not hard to tell." Draco gazed at her face with utter disgust.

"Indeed.. You've been sleeping for two days my nephew, dearest. I am nearly losing my temper these past few hours, luckily you already woke up yourself." Draco climbed out of bed and slid his feet in the slippers resting by the floor, he ignored the pain at the side of his abdomen and sat at the chair beside the bed.

"Two days? Surely that's why I felt so drained." He murmured almost to himself.

"Draco..." Bellatrix stared at his face. "They got the baby..." She didn't noticed it but his eyes seemed to glimmer about this good news. "And Andromeda."

His mouth fell slightly opened, he had lost consciousness when he rejoined the group of death eaters that night, someone had threw a hex at his back. He wasn't expecting this, he wanted to jump in gladness, it felt like there was a pang in his chest that just gone. "R-really?"

"It seems like a good news to you.." Bellatrix said, narrowing her eyes to the blond wizard.

"What? No, I mean.. How?" He was thankful that he didn't stammered in his words this time.

"She sort of ran toward them before they disapparated, she.. She'd got the stone... From me.." She massaged her neck where the usual golden chain was hanging, where she used to keep the Resurrection Stone, and now it's gone. There was a hint of anger and guilt behind her voice, Draco completely forget about the pain in his body, it seems like everything was favoring his plan, and the outcome turned out more than what he expected. He was thankful that Andromeda is just clever as he is.

"That's terrible... What happened? Did you send someone to find them?" Draco asked in a convincing tone.

"They're outside until now, doing everything they can to catch anyone that might have information about their base. Still no luck, so here I am.. About to ask you for another mission, I hope you won't disappoint me this time, given that I'd never turn my back to you." It's too strange how she sounded but Draco decided to keep his curiosity to himself.

"Anything." He replied.

Her smile went wide exposing her rotten teeth, Draco felt his heart flipped inside, those expression across her face became one of his fear.. It was the same face she made when she killed his mother.. When she's hurting him and his friends, when she tortured Hermione and pointed a dagger upon her throat two years ago. He don't like this, whatever might comes next.