"Can I talk to you for a minute?" She whispered to me. I nodded and we stepped away from everyone else.

"It's getting stronger." She told me quietly. My heart sank.

"So he's getting closer?" That means that Gideon's threatening note had been real and the rogues were attacking tonight.

"I don't know, maybe?" She shrugged.

"Keep me updated, okay? If it gets any stronger I need to know." I told her. She nodded.

"Yeah, okay. You gonna tell me what that was all about? I know you and whatever that was was not 'nothing.'" She frowned slightly.

"It's nothing you need to worry about." I said quickly.

"Jada you can tell me. Is it about you two? Is that why your eyes keep changing?" She was looking at me with concern.

"What do you mean 'my eyes keep changing?'" I scrunched up my forehead in confusion.

"Your eyes keep changing between blue and silver. Like your wolf is fighting you. You didn't know?" She questioned.

"No? How long have you noticed it?" I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again, as though that would fix everything.

"It's been like that ever since we got here, longer for all I know." She informed me.

"I'll worry about that later." I sighed, shaking my head.

I haven't talked to Rose in a while. She's probably trying to gain control or something.

"Well I hope you get it sorted out, whatever it is." April said quietly before heading back over towards my brothers and Stella. Mariel had wandered out at some point and was now over there as well.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and sighed. When I opened my eyes again I was ready to face both the danger of a potential attack and the slippery slope that was socialization.

"Hey kiddo, everything alright?" I recognized my dad's voice coming up behind me.

I turned and smiled at him.

"Hey Dad, I'm alright." I straightened my flower crown a little.

"Good. Having fun?" He asked.

"Yeah. Where's Mom?" I changed the subject.

"She's inside resting, she's got a pretty bad migraine. She wanted to come to the picnic you girls planned, but-" I cut him off.

"No, it's fine, I hope she feels better soon." I said. This was actually good news, one less person for me to worry about.

"Well, I'm going to go mingle with some Blood Moon pack members. Our treaty has finally been completed and signed, so I should probably get to know some of them." He laughed lightly and I joined in.

He kissed the top of my head.

"Love you, Jada." He said quietly.

"Love you too, Dad." I smiled. He grinned back before walking away.

I felt a that same tingling jolt in my eyes again but it was gone as soon as it came.

I grabbed a glass of carbonated water off of the snack table and wandered over towards my friends and family. Aviva had joined them with Zachary supported on her hip.

"Hey." I said as I rejoined the group. Everyone muttered various greetings before returning to their conversation. I listened and added a few things from time to time, not really focused.

I glanced over at Gideon a few times. He was always talking to random pack members or security teams or just pacing back and forth. Sometimes we made accidental eye contact and I'd quickly turn away.

I looked over to where my dad was talking to Gerald, who had just come off of patrol to grab a bite and see Aviva.

Then I looked back at Gideon. He glanced at me and before I could look away he called my name and gestured me over again. I rolled my eyes again, ignoring the jolt. I excused myself from the group and walked over there, not bothering to hide my annoyance.

What does he want now?

Here we go, things start picking up here in the next few chapters and I'm so excited to finally get on with the plot!

So something that I'm not sure if I've mentioned before but it's kind of relevant now, I struggle with writing chapters sometimes because I don't want to disappoint you guys and then I wind up doing it anyway by not updating. I'm trying to break that cycle, please stick with me I think I'm making progress.

Positive things help push me to work on the next chapter faster, so if you can please give me feedback! What do you like? What don't you like?

Time for the Funnies!

The Funnies: Thanksgiving Fiasco

Me: What's something funny we could talk about today?
Gabe: are we not gonna discuss the fact that Thanksgiving happened and Russ ate way too much?
Russ: oh like you didn't eat a ton?
Gabe: yeah but I didn't finish an entire pie by myself
Russ: no because you finished an entire cheesecake by yourself, then you stumbled into the living room, threw up on Marguerite, and passed out.
Gabe: I thought we agreed no one would ever speak of that again
Russ: whoops
Gabe: okay but you and Stella were putting whipped cream on each other's noses and laughing about it way too much
Russ: at least I didn't throw up on her, you're just jealous of our committed relationship and love for each other
Gabe: hey I threw up on Marguerite and she hasn't rejected me yet; that's love.
Me: *looks at the camera like I'm on The Office*

That's all for today, bye for now!

~Amanda