<•>8<•>

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed...walk it off." -Captain America/Steve Rogers (The Avengers: Age of Ultron)

{Jada}
After moping for a few minutes I look at the tray of food Gideon brought to see what was on it.

There was a glass of water and a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. I wanted to laugh at the simplicity of the meal but at the same time I wanted to scarf the sandwich down. So I did just that, eating both halves within a few minutes.

As I was looking at the plate I noticed something. What caught my attention was the bit of pink I saw sticking out from under the napkin. I picked up the napkin and found a single pink rose underneath. I smiled, my spirits instantly lifted. I grabbed the flower and brought it close to my nose, inhaling it's sweet scent.

A knock at the door drew me back to reality and I quickly set the rose down and scrambled to the door.

I opened it and glanced at the woman that stood there. The first thing that I noticed was her perfectly round belly, indicating she was pregnant. She didn't look that much older than me, maybe a year or two at the most. She had curly brunette hair and warm brown eyes. I could tell that she was the kind of girl that was friendly towards everyone.

"Hello! I'm Aviva." She says cheerily.

"I'm Jada." I reply with a smile.

"I'm beta Gerald's mate. I've been dying to meet you! You're so beautiful, I love your pink hair!" Aviva gushes. Whoever said that pregnant women were cranky clearly never met Aviva. She has a very bubbly personality and a kind smile.

"Thank you." I reply.

"Oh my gosh, I forgot to even say what I came up here to! Would you like to help me make dinner? I'd love to get to know you better!" Aviva says.

"Sure. It would be great to get to know you too." I reply, not sure what else to say.

"Alright, come on follow me!" She says excitedly, grabbing my arm and practically dragging me away from Gideon's room. For a pregnant woman she sure moves fast.

We descend the staircase that I stood on only a few minutes ago and Aviva leads me down a hall and into a giant dining room. We walk through the dining room and into the kitchen that was connected to it.

"Okay, so what do you want to make for dinner?" She asks once we get there.

"I don't really care. What's easy to make?" I ask.

"Spaghetti is pretty easy to make." Aviva replies, already walking towards a cupboard and pulling out ingredients.

"Sounds great." I reply.

"How about you make the garlic bread and I make the marinara sauce." Aviva suggests.

"Okay. Do you have any good recipes for garlic bread?" I ask as Aviva gets out a pot to boil the pasta in.

"Try the big cookbook over there." Aviva says, looking up and pointing at a giant book sitting on the counter.

"Alright." I reply.

Aviva had started on the sauce and was already almost done. I was still flipping through pages when I heard the door to the kitchen being opened. I looked up and found Gerald standing there sniffing the air.