Russian Roulette (Royce)

::Jacob's P.O.V::

"Jacob, get up! You've got school!" I groaned lightly as I sat up in bed and looked around, my eyes landed on the clock. 6:30. "Oh my God" I mumbled before laying back down. Not even two minutes had passed and the door to my room opened and my uncle walked in and opened the curtains to my window. "Come on, Jacob. Up" "Tio, son las seis y media" I said as I looked at him. He was already in his police uniform, my eyes wandered down to the tazer and gun that was strapped to his belt.

"I know what time it is, Jacob" he said with a smile, "your Espanol has gotten better, by the way". I finally sat up again and mumbled the word "gracias". "De nada, your mother's downstairs cooking breakfast for you" my uncle said before walking to the door. "Okay" I said and watched as he left.

"Spanish my ass" I grumbled, I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I walked to my closet and picked out my outfit for the day. Next, I walked to my bathroom and began to get ready for the day. I guess I should explain to you who I am and what my life consists of, huh? 

My name's Jacob Perez, I'm eighteen, and I'm the nephew to a cop. It may not be a big deal, but it is when your uncle lives with you and your mother, and is basically the only father figure that you've ever had. I can't really do any of the things that other kids my age can do because whenever I try to, here comes my uncle the cop, drowning me with pointless questions. 

I stepped out of the shower and got dressed, I brushed my teeth and washed my hair, and fluffed up my hair. Once I was done, I walked into my room and grabbed my shoes and my jacket. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and walked out of the room and downstairs.

When I entered the kitchen, I saw my mom and uncle conversing with one another. "Hola, Jacob, buenos dias" "morning, mom" I said, I kissed her cheek before taking a seat at the island. "So what do you plan on doing today?" My mom asked as she placed a plate of food down in front of me, "thank you" I said as I looked at her, "and I don't know, I guess go to school, like I'm supposed to".

"Well I know that, honey, I mean after school" my mom said as she began to wipe down the kitchen counter. "Oh, I, um, I guess just come back here and get my school work done" I watched as my uncle gave me a satisfied grin. "That's what I'm talking about, son" I looked up at him and before I could process anything, the words slipped from my mouth: "you're not my dad". 

"Jacob" my mom said, a bit of shock in her voice. "I'm sorry" I quickly apologized as guilt filled my insides, "I didn't... I'm sorry". "No, it's okay. It's my fault, even though I didn't mean it in that way, I still shouldn't have said it to you" my uncle reassured. I looked down and pushed myself away from the island, "I've gotta go" I said lightly. I gave my mother another kiss and looked at my uncle before leaving the kitchen. I grabbed my car keys from the key holder and picked up my bag and left the house. 

::Chresanto's P.O.V::

"Wake up" my dad said as he turned on the lights to my room, "I already am up" I said as I looked at him. "How come? You never wake up this early?" "Well, I'll have you know it's not that early". He looked at him and said "whatever, Romelo" "my name's Chresanto" I said as he turned away. "I know what your name is, son" "you sure?" "Yeah, I'm the one that came up with it". 

I stared at my dad, "come downstairs since you're ready for school" he finally stated. I nodded a little and said "okay". I grabbed my phone and book bag and walked downstairs with my dad. "What're you gonna do today while I'm off at school?" I asked curiously. "The same ol' same ol'" my dad said as I followed him into the kitchen. "So stop by people's houses and demand the money that they owe you?" I asked, he nodded and said "yeah".