Chapter 25: Magicks

Start from the beginning

Aphmau chuckles. "Well, Isabell, it sounds nice! If it makes you happy, then we'll be happy for you."

"Thanks! I just like simple things. I honestly don't see myself wielding a sword like you ladies. I'd rather roll around in babies and puppies!" She giggles.

I roll my eyes smiling while taking some food out of a crate.

Aphmau laughs. "Aw! That sounds... wow, that sounds awesome..." She mutters. "Which reminds me, Isabell, thank you so much for taking care of Lilith while Aaron and I were away, and also for taking care of my puppies!"

"You don't have to thank me, Aphmau! I love looking after her, and the puppies are just icing on the cake!"

That's when I stop listening. I finish unpacking a crate and my mind wanders off...

I wonder what Vylad and Travis are doing right now...

So, I abandon the other crates and go off to look for them. Whatever they're doing must be much better than unboxing supplies.

Suddenly, I hear a tree falling down, and a distant, "Laurance! Watch out!" And that's when I'm mentally reminded of what Travis is doing.

He's building houses with Laurance... let's see if they need help...

I walk into the forest and the voices of Laurance and Travis yelling at each other get louder. I finally come to their horrible excuse for a house and them talking to each other about how girls would love how "manly" they were. I roll my eyes as I jump into a tree and watch. Both guys were shirtless, but it was nothing that I wasn't used to. Alec had always taken his shirt off when we were in the bandit camp, and Laurance and Travis' abs are nothing compared to Alec's, not that I like that sort of thing.

I wonder what Vylad looks like with his shirt off... I mean- ugh! Don't think like that, Y/n!

"Laurance," Travis starts, "a couple of hot guys like us building? What lady can resist? I bet there are some ladies hiding in the bushes right now waiting to pounce on us."

Correction: One lady hiding in a tree ready to jump down and yell at them.

At that moment, I hear faint voices. My eyes trail from the boys' monstrosity of a house to see Aphmau and Isabell hiding in the bushes.

Oh, my Irene... maybe Travis was right, after all.

Apparently, Travis heard them as well, because he is walking up to their exact bush. I laugh a bit when Snow White scares them, and Laurance turns his head to see me on top of this tree.

"You too?" He mouths.

I shrug. "You two need a lot of help," I mouth back. Laurance frowns while I examine the "house" one last time. The frame wasn't the correct shape, all the materials were different to make it... very colorful, and the door couldn't even fit a human being.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Vylad?" I mouth again.

He points into the forest. I nod as I jump off the tree and walk in the direction he pointed towards.

After walking a bit, I finally come across Vylad in front of what looks like a small garden.

"Hey V, what are you doing?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes playfully. "V? Really, N/n?"

I freeze upon hearing my old nickname. He had used to call me that when we were little kids... I would be lying if I said that name alone didn't bring back memories.

Vylad laughs. "Aw, you miss that nickname, don't you?"

I nod, smiling. "Yeah. It reminds me of so many of our childhood moments... Anyways, you didn't answer my question."