˚s e v e n˚

omg!! closer hit 1k!! tysm💗💗 and control is at 10K waahhhh i love u guys sm😭😭💞💞

╔═══"chapter seven" ═╗

                                 ╚═ "guilty" ═══╝

        ╚═ "guilty" ═══╝

jeongguk unlocked the door, letting it swing open into the apartment he already knew was empty. shutting the door, he toed off his boots and made his way through the dark apartment to the kitchen.

the clock on the oven read 8:02pm. just fifteen minutes ago he'd gotten out of his last class, and the walk home had been chilly and lonely. he hadn't eaten much all day, just some fruits for breakfast as he was running out the door and a bagel at lunchtime. but despite the fact that jeongguk hadn't eaten for roughly seven hours, he wasn't hungry.

instead, he grabbed a carton of banana milk from the fridge and walked into the living room.

the nineteen year old collapsed on the couch, running a hand through his dark hair. he stared at the coffee table, where a neat stack of magazines and books lay, as well as a vanilla scented candle. he stared at the coat hooks on the wall beside the front door, the shoe rack, where spots sat empty and void.

empty, because seokjin wasn't here.

jeongguk still didn't know what he'd done wrong. it had been almost a week since the fight, and seokjin hadn't come home since then. well, jeongguk knew he had come at one point while jeongguk was at classes to get his stuff, because when he came home later he noticed the bedroom door was ajar, a few of the dresser drawers was left open, and some of seokjin's clothes from the closet were gone.

tears pricked at his eyes, and he blinked them away. taking a shaky breath, he sat up and tugged his backpack up onto the couch beside him, rifling through it until he found his laptop. positioning it on his lap, jeongguk took out his english textbook and notes, laying them on the coffee table in front of him.

he got to work on the assignment they'd gotten today, knowing if he didn't start it now he'd procrastinate and leave it to the last minute. he also hoped the project would distract him from the constant voices in his head. as he worked, jeongguk was almost surprised at how easily he found the words to express what he wanted to say, and in a couple hours he was finished.

by this time, sleep was beckoning to him. but he didn't want to get up, so he simply moved his laptop to the table and laid down on the couch, exhaustion overtaking him before he could even get a blanket.

seokjin felt guilty.

it had been nagging at him for a few days now, ever since he'd left, and had been sleeping on yoongi and hoseok's couch, but it only truly hit him when he walked into his dark apartment, and saw jeongguk fast asleep on the couch. his heart panged at the sight, but he held back his emotion.

he saw the younger's books spread across the coffee table, and noticed his laptop had been left on, the screen still open to some sort of essay. bending down, seokjin couldn't resist looking.

at the top of the page was the prompt that the professor must have given. seokjin's eyes scanned over the words, trying to recollect his limited english knowledge from first year.

in less than 1200 words, express a moment of emotional pain or hurt in your life.

at first, seokjin figured jeongguk would have written about the death of his mother. but as he began reading the text, his heart broke into a thousand tiny shards.

he fucked up.

seokjin fell to his knees, curling up into a ball against the couch. tears streamed freely down his cheeks as he realized how badly he was hurting the one he loved so dearly. he held his hand to his mouth to silence his crying, squeezing his eyes shut.

but he knew, that he had to keep pushing jeongguk away, or both of them would be hurt in the end.

he had no choice.
___________________

gUYS IM SCREAMING MY DANCE TEACHER JUST SENT THIS IN OUR GROUP CHAT AS WE'RE PICKING SONGS AND-

IMMA DIE OMG IF WE USE IT IM NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO STOP MYSELF FROM SINGING AND DANCING DURING CLASS