Chapter 51 (T.E)

A loud gasp broke the silence in the room. Cold sweat dripped down a pale face. Dark eyes were wide, scanning the surroundings with a look that could only be described as being apprehensive. Breaths came in harsh gasps as a certain person struggled to bring her breathing back to normal.

What...

Shureii placed a hand on her forehead, supporting her head.

What was that?

Her breathing grew smoother, but her body still shook from the aftereffects of her fright.

All she could remember was something terrifying, something horrible happening. However she couldn't remember anything concerning what she had dreamed. Her lingering feelings caused her heart to clench.

Unconsciously turning to the window, Shureii found herself gazing up at the moon, as if searching for an answer. The glint of her ring drew her eyes.

Something changed...something...

Thumbing the body of the ring she closed her eyes.

Something is going to happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm off to hunt." Yuki said as he headed out the door with his bow and arrows.

"Be safe."

"I will, mother."

He brushed light kiss on her cheek before meeting up with his fellow hunters.

Shureii kept her smile until she no longer could see his figure. Closing the door, she allowed her expression to fall, revealing the worry that had been afflicting her since that night.

Two tense weeks had passed and nothing notable happened. Still she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was going to happen. Something involving her.

She had fled from the Veldhuizen kingdom in hopes of escaping her fate which she knew would most likely be triggered by the appearance of the princess. The only thing that had kept her from leaving sooner was Yuki.

Coincidentally her concern about Yuki and his transformations had been resolved by the ritepure gems the Avaemaborg king had given her as a form of gratitude. With nothing holding her back, she then left the kingdom. Who knew after all this time, the uneasiness she felt would come back? She could only hope that Yuki wouldn't get caught up in anything if something happened to her.

Looking out the window, she pressed her hand on the glass.

Yuki...
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
It was nearing midday when Shureii heard a series of bangs on her door.

"Miss Shureii! Miss Shureii!"

Will?

When she went to open the door, she was nearly knocked over by the young boy that had been frantically banging on the door.

"Are you--"

"Miss Shureii you have to hurry!! Papa said to bring you quickly!!" The 9 year old gasped out. "Someone is hurt!"

Hearing the last part, Shureii's snapped out of her confusion. Grabbing hold of her cloak and the basket full of herbs and bandages, she followed after the boy.

She knew from the large crowd where the injured person was.

"Miss Shureii." The large merchant who was the boy's father noticed her immediately when she arrived.