So

{A few hours}

namjoon waves back at the girls who were watching from the window with jennie excitedly getting in the passenger's seat. their competition is in a few hours and they're ready for this. lisa wanted to join but upon being told that jennie was part of it, she gracefully declined and opted to wait for next year's competition. it was a good call since she was feeling a bit under the weather lately too.

'how long's the drive?' jennie asks while putting her seatbelt on.

'about half an hour. we'll still be early then.' he replies, holding her hand as he expertly maneuvers the car out of its parking spot and starts the drive. 'isn't someone excited?'

the dancer giggles, looking out the window while running her thumb over his hand. 'i'm excited to bring another trophy home.'

'we'll see.' is the last thing that's spoken during the drive.

~*~*~*~*~

'did i just do that?' jennie laughs breathlessly as she waves to all the people that's cheering for them. from the corner of her eye, her boyfriend is smiling down fondly at her.

the judges were smiling at them too. they were fluid in their movements and yet also powerful, the dance seemed to show their personalities very well and suited them. their fierce performance doubled by the unexpected kiss on her part was what drove the crowd wild. there's a warm feeling in her chest knowing that she was doing what she loved with the man she loved.

'stealing kisses, now are you?' he presses a finger to her side, tickling her as they went backstage to wait for the competition to end. 'didn't expect to have our first kiss like that but i'll take it.'

'it was a spur-out-of-the-moment thing.' she admits and when they enter the room, he places a hand under her chin to make her face upwards and leans in. sweet and steady, unlike the one earlier that was passionate and tasted a whole lot like victory.

they smile when they part, letting their foreheads rest against each other.

'i don't mind doing that later when they announce the winner.' jennie says warmly.

'glad to know we share the same sentiment. now, let's go and eat because all that worrying and dancing made me famished.'

~*~*~*~*~

there they were on the stage, holding unto each other as the host tries to prolong the torture even more by making jokes and delaying the announcement. all the other performers were crossing their fingers and holding their breaths as the finalists were announced.

'i'm fine with second place to be honest.' the dancer whispers quietly when they were announced to be part of the finalists. 'this is agony.'

the host smiles at the audience as he waits for them to yell their favorites. there's a large portion of them that's chanting their name and it gives them strength and confidence.

'the winner of this year's annual dance contest sponsored by yg entertainment....'

she buries her face in his shoulder while namjoon stares at his shoes.

'namjen! for their powerful and energetic performance! let's give them a round of applause!!!'

her jaw drops when people chant their couple name and she could only laugh when he places his hands on her waists and twirls her around before setting her back on her feet and kissing her again, much shorter than the first two but it was because they needed to get the trophy.

jennie doesn't even know half the words that spill from her mouth during her speech but all she knows is that she's the luckiest girl in the world.