Can't

appearance had always been important to a certain jennie kim, but in her lowest point, that was the least of her worries.

her chest was tightening, it was getting hard to breathe and everything was crashing down on her. for some reason, it wasn't her sisters she called.

namjoon was the first thing on her mind. intimidating to others, but to her, she only saw warmth and safety in him. it was silly to think of him as such but now that he's crouched down to her on the floor as she hugs her knees close to her chest and tears streaming down her face with only his gentle and soothing voice filling her ears.

'focus on me, jennie. listen to my voice.'

her hand let go of her knees and gingerly reached for his. namjoon didn't hesitate to hold her hand, and a small voice in his was saying how soft it was. he brushed a thumb over it and continued whispering promises until her sobs subsided.

'i'm sorry you have to see me like this.'

he looks at her, mascara dripping down her cheeks, bloodshot eyes and worry in her features. he doesn't think anything else of her except that she was strong; strong in the way that she could handle most and yet still be able to be vulnerable. always being happy and strong was just wrong and unbelievable, and in the crowd of fakes, she was the real deal.

namjoon smiles and raises his other hand to gently pet her on the head, hoping that this was still appropriate. 'there's no need to apologize, jennie. it's okay.'

the dancer took a deep breath.

'it's about the competition.'