I

there's a small smile on her face when she flips the pancakes and he can't help but admire her, leaning against the counter. namjoon normally didn't let anyone listen to his compositions but he would gladly make an exception for jennie.

'aside from dancing, what do you want to do?'

the brunette shrugs her shoulders, not giving that much thought. dancing was the only way she could get one of her parents' approval, and she made it her life goal to make it successful in it. but jennie wouldn't rule out singing since all of the siblings had lovely singing voices, hers included.

'what inspires you to write, namjoon?'

there were so many answers to that simple question, making him think a bit. when he moved to accommodate himself, namjoon hit the back of his head a cabinet, causing her to simultaneously laugh and ask him if he was alright. speedily grabbing some ice cubes and wrapping them in a rag, she gently pressed it to the spot and looked into his eyes. he found his answer, though he couldn't say it.

'a lot of things, actually.' he answers steadily, breaking the gaze to look at the ice. 'depends on the mood, maybe an event, a feeling, something. it's a way of expression.'

'and why write?'

his smile turns soft when it lands on her once again.

'i write because people don't listen to understand, they listen to reply. words will stay here forever and i have to admit that i want to leave a mark here.'

his words had always been food for thought for jennie. but she didn't have time to ponder on it more when she heard him curse under his breath while the stench of burnt food hit her nostrils.

'the pancakes!'