Miss

{3 days}

'i'm sorry, i can't help but be nervous.'

he gently takes a hold of her hand and places it on his arm, leading her through the sidewalk. 'which is exactly why i'm taking you out on a date.'

right. they were on their first official date. jennie left her phone at home after texting her sisters that she was dating namjoon and honestly, she's happy. their plan was to eat somewhere (honestly they're just probably going to go to mcdonalds because hey, it's just right there) and just walk around. find some cute dogs and pet them. maybe take aesthetic photos and post on social media.

they end up eating in a nearby park with take out from mcdonalds (told you so) and just looking at their surroundings.

'fuck it's hot.' jennie complains after a silence, finishing her sundae and watching him finish his.

he smiles. 'i'm so glad you said that. i thought i was going to melt.' the man stands up and offers his hand to help her up. it made both of them grin, knowing how alike they were.

it felt nice just holding hands and walking around, making fun of various things and having mini debates. it was at this moment that jennie thought that she wanted to marry namjoon. now was a preferable time but they can wait. he's shown her love and she's more than happy to return the gesture.

'so, any plans after the competition?' the taller man asks when she cuddles his arm.

she beams up at him, only wishing that he wasn't that damn tall so she wouldn't have an aching neck all the damn time. 'you have all my time after that. and now, actually. we might as well call us winners if you see the line-up.'

'cocky, aren't we?'

the brunette pecks his cheek and drags him back to his place, knowing it was getting dark. 'only when i'm with a handsome man.'

his cheeks flush a furious shade of red, making her giggle even more. it was worth it to see her smile like that, though.

his girlfriend froze when they saw a figure in front of the house, seemingly in wait.

'unnie?'

jisoo waved at them, a warm smile on her face. 'hello, namjoon-ssi. hi, jennie-ah.'

'what are you doing here?'

jennie was the only one of the pair that noticed the new bruises on her sister's arms and yet she forced a pleasant smile.

'i'm afraid that i have to pick her up. appa wants all of us back at home since umma's coming for dinner.'

they didn't have to look at each other and namjoon's heart broke when he felt her hand instinctively squeeze his arm. there was nothing he could do about it.