I

[This chapter is at the same time as the first chapter of the first book, Wanderlust.]

a lump is forming in his throat when he recognizes the petite girl in front of him. it's been 3 years since he's last seen her but the same suffocating feeling was there.

her eyes looked up to scan his face and there's recognition in her eyes before she looks blankly at him.

"the cashier told me to wait in the library for a tutor."

he's more than willing to go with her pretending that they didn't know each other but there's the guilt that he locked away now gripping his chest.

"just sit down there. i'll direct your tutor to you."

namjoon opens his mouth and is about to apologize when she shakes her head, sadness in her eyes and resignition in her face.

"sorry isn't enough."

he bows his head; he knows that all too well. she's gone before he can reply anything and he attempts to continue his work but seeing her just reminded him of his old wounds at his old school.

soon, a brown-haired student that he was quite friendly with walked inside the library, looking left and right before asking him about who he was going to tutor.

the words leave his lips in a rather distasteful manner though he has nothing but pity and sadness for the girl.

"that's your girl right there."