fours a crowd

It wasn't until we started back at school that it hit me. It was November, and I was sitting in the gym hall in my baggy shirt and shorts. I watched as the coach told everyone what to do, I was excused for being 'ill.'

I was far too anxious to do PE. I had Art next; with Mr. Malik. I was terrified, I hadn't seen him since the club. A strong part of me felt so good about it. He was attracted to me and wanted me, and no one else in the school. Then again I felt gross. He was my teacher, and could go to jail over this. Both of us would be in a lot of trouble if anyone found out.

I began thinking up hot scenarios in my head while I walked to the class. I was relieved to see he wasn't there yet, so I took my seat and waited for the room to fill up. And it did, pretty fast after the bell rang. Mr. Malik entered soon after too. I didn't dare look at him. I focused on my notes, and scribbled down words I could hear from him. None of it made sense, and I was very much lost. Until he called my name. I looked up straight away, watching everyone stare at me. Him included. He smirked at me; I swear. He crossed over his arms and leaned back against his desk.

"What was the question?" I asked nervously. The class laughed and I gulped.

He smiled feverishly and shook his head. "Nothing. You just proved my point. Pay attention please." He spoke. He spoke to me as if nothing happened. I began to doubt myself. Maybe it didn't, and it was someone else. Yeah.

The class went by fast enough and I wasn't asked to stay back, which was a bonus. I left before anyone else and met up with the girls after going to my locker.

"I'm so tired." I groaned. They both rolled their eyes. We headed to the cafeteria and sat down. I took out my lunch and began to pick at it while the others talked amongst themselves. I checked my phone, there was no message from Harry. I frowned and locked my phone.

We had been talking every night since Halloween. And not to be that girl, but I loved it. He never replied after last night. I had asked if he was busy today, and I assumed he fell asleep. But it was almost the afternoon and he still hasn't replied. But I knew he would soon. I smiled and read over some of our recent messages.

"Who's that smile for?" El teased. I put my phone away quick enough and shook my head. "No one, just talking to my dad." I lied.

I bit down on my lip as they stared me down. They dismissed it soon enough and moved onto a new topic. I pretended I was listening and just thought about Harry for the rest of Lunch.

I got home pretty fast that day. No one needed a ride, and traffic was almost non existent. I was so eager to get home and I didn't know why. Well, I did. But I didn't want to be eager over that. It was weird, but I still couldn't stay away.

I shut the door and dropped my bag when I walked in. The strong aroma of spices kicked in and took over my nose when I walked through the living room and got closer to the kitchen.

"Hi, lovely." My mum chirped. She stood over the hob. Her blue shirt was pinned back to her chest by her apron and her thin black heels had her standing tall. I smiled and took a seat at the breakfast bar. "Hi, mum. What's cooking?"

She dipped her finger into the red-orange looking sauce and hummed in appreciation before she replied. "I'm making lasagne."

I scrunched my features and walked over to the hob. Sure enough everything was there, but it all smelt so spicy. "Why all the spices?"