I thought I liked you

Harry's point of view

She was correct about there being a raccoon.

I was stood out on my roof, only a few meters apart from hers as I chased the stupid thing down with my mums favorite umbrella at three in the afternoon. It wasn't until I heard an infectious laugh rumble through the air that I realized she was watching everything, from falling during my first attempt to finally catching it but screaming (manly screaming, of course) and dropping it, where it sadly (not so much) fell to its death.

"Quite a show you put on there," She laughed, coming out onto her roof. I smiled, looking up to her. My smile faltered briefly at her eye before I looked away, hoping she didn't notice my slight change. She didn't.

"If I had of known you were watching I would have charged." I smiled, taking a seat at the edge of the roof, my legs began dangling back and forth and I leaned back into the palms of my hands, watching her swiftly climb out and onto her roof. She was in what she was wearing last night. Ever since yesterday, I felt strange being around her in all honesty. I just didn't know yet if it was a good strange, or a bad strange. I've never shared that part of my childhood with anyone, not even Aria, whom I have known for four, nearly five years. I don't really know why I shared that with her.

"I'm broke so you would have missed out either way" She shrugged.

"So, are you gonna bury that or just leave it there to rot away with its little hopes and dreams?" She asked. I began to laugh, until I realized she was being serious. I get she grew up in a house where her mother cared deeply for animals and it might have reflected off of her but I was absolutely not going to bury a raccoon.

"Let it rot, maybe the bin man will collect it in the morning if we're lucky." I smirked. I wasn't cold hearted or anything, but I also wasn't caring enough to bury a dead animal that bothered me and took my food rudely from me.

"You're a horrible person, I never pegged you as that kind of guy," She joked, trying to sound serious. I scoffed and pointed at her coloured face, to which she flipped me off. "And I never pegged you as that type of girl,"

She threw a pebble from her rooftop at me, but I caught it and went to throw it back before she stopped me. "I sure do hope you're not about to hit a girl, because I'm afraid i'll have to tell on you and you'll actually be the lowlife scum in this situation." She pursed her plump lips and tried to fight off a smile at how I rolled my eyes and tossed the pebble aside.

"Thought so," She sang. I flipped her off before laying back and spreading my arms out, letting my fingers hit against the rough surface.

"When are you starting your business course?" She continued, now on my roof. I was about to question how she got over but her other question excited me. I've been looking forward to this course since school finished and well, since my mum told me really.

"Next Wednesday. It'll be every Wednesday and Friday until August, then it'll just be Friday's." I smiled up at her, cupping my hand over my eyes to block the sun. She surprised me by taking a seat, her legs facing my window and her head falling back onto my chest. The strange feelings began to surface again at this, I didn't know if I should get up and leave or stay and enjoy it. She did the deciding for me when she got comfortable and interrupted my thoughts by taking my hand and placing it across her chest. I looked down at her confused, what was she doing?

"You basically have your whole life planned out for you then, huh?"

I furrowed my brows and thought about it. I guess I did. I mean no college, no worries. I'm just shooting straight into my future at eighteen. I don't have to worry about a job because well, I pretty much own the company along with Robin and have since I first turned eighteen. "I guess. What about you? What are you going to do?"