"No," sighed Jacob sadly as he lowered his head.  "It's really hard to get a rise out of her and I don't want to do anything that jeopardize the pregnancy."

"That's sick," laughed Anthony as he waved a hand to clear the table.  "But I'm fairly sure she's used to your childish behavior by now."

Jacob pouted as he leaned back in his chair, "I'm sure I'm going to be asked next by Kaelen and to answer your question it was her fear.  She was afraid of me yet never actually ran away she met me head on."  Jacob paused and rubbed his chin, "It was kinda sexy."

Kaelen put his hands up as a silent plea for Jacob not to go on. "This office is becoming too crowded," sighed Kaelen in frustration as he walked to the exit.  "Let's end this conversation with Xara not being the right woman for me."

"Her blood is," responded Kevin seriously.

"Yeah," laughed Kaelen mockingly, "and that's it!"  Kaelen strolled out of the office without a backwards glance as he stretched his tired muscles.  "I do not want a woman that cowers when I'm in proximity of her.  I have no idea why it excites me but I don't want it," mumbled Kaelen as he turned toward the bathrooms.

Several minutes later Kaelen exited the toilet and gave a heartfelt sigh.  He looked in the mirror after he'd washed his hands and pulled his lip up and frowned, "I need to pay Xara a visit before they drop any further.  Goddess on high why couldn't she just not exist?"

"And you need to pay a female friend a visit before you explode down there," laughed Kevin as he appeared next to Kaelen.  "I'm sorry if our jesting upset you.  We just wanted to know the reason why you seem Hades bent on being mean to Xara."

"Whatever," frowned Kaelen.  "I don't understand how Lucas and Jacob were blessed by the gods with Mia and Ebony.  They are wonderful women that are strong and independent."

Kevin smirked, "Ebony fears Jacob."

"She may fear him but at least she doesn't walk around as if on eggshells when he's around.  I do not want nor do I need a subservient woman in my life" exclaimed Kaelen angrily.  "I want a woman that knows her value -."

"Like Ruby Hand," asked Kevin as he stared intently into eyes so much like his own.

Kaelen waved a hand as he laughed, "Ruby is fun but she definitely doesn't know her worth.  She wants to be treated like she's a diamond when she's more like common coal."

"Then who," asked Kevin in exasperated tones.

"I don't know!"  Agitated Kaelen ran his fingers through his hair.  "Xara is too fragile!  I'd break her before I could even fuck her.  I want her to remain demure but know when to be assertive!  I want a woman that looks at me the way Kayla looks at Lucas!  Shit I'd take the way Ebony looks at Jacob!"

Kevin nodded as he gave Kaelen a sympathetic look, "So you want a woman that loves and respects you."

Kaelen smiled sheepishly as they both walked out the bathroom, "I wouldn't mind her being a little submissive in the bed though."

Kevin gave Kaelen a long stare. "You sure have a long list of wants," he laughed as he patted him on the shoulder.  "So what if Xara turned into the woman you wanted her to be?"

"I -," Kaelen paused and gave Kevin a long and quiet stare.  "Good luck with that," he started to laugh, "I know for a fact you can't push her or you would have done it by now."

Kevin nodded slowly as he turned to look away, "No I can't."

*******

Ah'Taria - Ward Residence in Silverlights District