Chapter 19 - Dates on the Red Carpet

Two weeks had passed and I was asked by Emma to be her date for the Elle Style Awards in London. Being the wonderful, considerate and amazingly handsome boyfriend that I was, I said yes. She asked me what I was going to wear and I didn't think about it in great depth so I just told her that it was going to be a plain black tux. I'm hoping that my decision of clothes won't affect her dress plans.

She also told me that it was the perfect time for us to be announced as a couple. We had been keeping it a secret for the past two weeks and we only met up twice. I wanted to see her more but she didn't want to make it too suss and the travelling distance between Cheshire and Oxfordshire was taking a toll on us. I was normally the one to drive to her house but I would always get tired and sometimes sleep in the middle of a movie. I even slept in the park once. It was during one of our city dates in her home town that Emma made me go to her local park.

I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom at my house. I looked at me hair and brushed some rebellious curls back into place so I would look picture perfect for once. I straightened out my clothes and glanced at myself again. I was looking pretty good to be honest. Great, now I sound exactly like Zayn.

I chuckled at that thought. I made my way downstairs and stopped to see my mother cooking something in the kitchen. I walked in and asked for her opinion.

"Oh you look great darling" she started straightening the collar of my tux and looked into my eyes. "Have fun tonight and I hope it all goes to plan"

"Yeah... same here" I answered.

I grabbed the car keys to my black Lamborghini. I wasn't going to drive a Jeep to a red carpet event! I also said on my way out "Tell Gemma I say bye!"

"BYE!!" Gemma replied. I laughed at her weirdness. She was a strange sister but the best sister I could possibly have. I mean, she always looked out for me and gave me what was best. She's very cautious about my well-being and was concerned about my crazy love-life before I met Emma. Gemma's pretty happy now and I'm pretty sure that she's glad that she doesn't have to look out for her baby brother anymore.

It was around 4pm when I left the house. It was a two hour drive to Oxfordshire. Emma always liked to be on time so she made sure that I left the house early enough so we wouldn't get stuck in a traffic jam. I arrived at her house at 6:10pm. So what if I was ten minutes late? I still picked her up.

I made my way to the front door. I was extremely nervous about seeing her again. Before I could even answer the door, the door swung open revealing a goddess. A goddess named Emma fricking Watson. I was basically checking her out and not in a subtle way. I knew that she would probably tell me off like last time but I didn't care. She was wearing a red laced dress that clung onto her like a second skin with a bow wrapped around her waist. Its length was just above her knee. She was wearing red heels to make her taller than her pixie height which made her about as tall as me. God, she was amazing.

"I missed you" was all I heard before her lips were smashed onto mine. It had been a week since I had seen her, a week since I had felt her lips on mine. I reciprocated the action and before we could take it any further, someone behind Emma cleared their throat.

It turned out to be Alex. I was extremely glad that it wasn't her father. That wouldn't have been a great first impression. We parted and Emma turned around to face her brother. "Yeah Alex?"

She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Alex said "Mum wants you to be safe and to keep warm and to make sure that you don't get a cold" He then looked over her shoulder and pointed to me. "Mum's going to blame it on you if Em here gets a cold cause she's supposed to go out with mum tomorrow night for a girl's night out so you get my drift" Alex ended the sentence with a smirk.