Chapter 41 - Tonight's the Night Part 1

A/N: And the fun begins...

Yesterday went past quickly after the boat ride. Niall and I fell asleep on the boat which gave Zayn the perfect opportunity to drop a fish onto us. We screamed and ran for our lives. After that incident, we locked ourselves in our rooms. There was no way that we were being pranked again.

It's now around 1pm in the afternoon and I'm busying myself in the gym with Liam. He was surprised at first to hear me go with him but he soon realised that it was just to keep my mind of tonight's concert. Everyone knew that I didn't do well nervous. I mean, I nearly puked when I had to do my first concert. Thankfully I don't get these feelings anymore since I'm used to doing concerts 24/7. I could probably hold a concert in my sleep if I wanted to.

Training with Liam became extremely hard work. I started slacking off as I threw a large bouncy ball at Liam while he was busy drinking water. This made all the water spill over him and I get a murderous look from him. Oh, I was so doomed now.

I started running but unfortunately for me, Liam had the bouncy ball so he threw it at my back which made me fall over face first. Great... just great. All I heard was him laughing so I started laughing as well. I never held grudges and plus, this was payback for what I did to him just then.

Time flew past and it was 5pm. I became extremely nervous as we were approaching the venue. Girls were already starting to line up outside which took us forever to get inside which meant that everyone would have to stay behind. 

When we got inside, everyone went to their usual places. McBusted, our opening act, followed us to the dressing rooms where we mucked around with each other. Louis and I managed to swap our clothes for about 2 minutes without Lou noticing but then Lux, being the good girl, told her mum about our clothes changing. She wasn't impressed to say the least. We immediately changed back since we didn't need her throwing the hairspray can that was closest to her at us. No way was I going to get brain damage just before the show

Just before I could see her again.

McBusted performed as if their lives depended on it. But then again, they did that for every show. I loved touring with them. They were the most relaxed lads but were fun at the same time. They normally pranked us in the morning since they were all early wakers but we always got them at night. These pranks went on for ages but we finally settled on a truce since everyone was too tired to do anymore pranks.

They finished performing at 7:30pm sharp as it gave everyone time to prepare for One Direction. The boys and I rehearsed together, making sure that our harmonies worked and that our voices were prepared to go to their full potential.

Niall began playing the guitar. He did it before every show saying that he needed it to practice for the acoustic sessions on stage but we all knew that it was something that he did before we performed. No one ever commented on it since it helped Niall cope with his stage fright. Actually, Louis said something about it during the X Factor days and Niall put himself into defence mode. After that incident, no one ever said anything about his stage frights.

After our voice warm up, we had 10 minutes to spare. Normally I did star jumps to take my mind off everything but I knew that that wouldn't work tonight. So I resulted into pacing back and forth and biting my nails. 

Niall must've noticed this as I nearly walked into him but thankfully, with my skilled legs, I stopped just before I could crash into him. 

"Hey mate" he said.

"Hey?" I replied back which came out more like a question. Seriously, what was the man doing? I was busy wallowing in my own thoughts.

"Thought you might need this to calm yourself down. And also you probably need some practice with the guitar cause let’s face it... I am obviously the better guitarist" Niall said and ended with a smirk.