28-Escaping Tears

Start from the beginning

"I'm not trying to sound like I'm trying to you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either." Scott tells his best friend. 

"Stiles, I know you. And there is one thing that I know for sure, you would never intentionally hurt anyone." Cara told him, hoping she was getting through. She was worried about him. She was worried about everyone. 

"Stiles? Are you feeling okay?" Cara asks, worry lacing her tone, he eyes showed nothing but concern. 

"You look tired." Scott added, sharing the same concern the girl did. 

"I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really..." Stiles tells the two, nodding his head to assure himself instead of the other two. 

"Why don't you go home?" Cara suggests. "Get some rest." 

"Take a sick day or something." Scott shares. Stiles nods, his eyes seeming to become dull. 

****

"Did you tell him?" Aiden asks as Scott and Cara walked down the hall with the twins, once again, trailing behind them. Though Cara would have complained about it, she was too busy worrying about Stiles, who had assured her that he was okay. Something about him seemed off and Cara couldn't take it. 

Cara, herself had not been getting any sleep at all because nightmares still clouded her thoughts and she didn't want to tell anyone because she knew everyone was going through the same. 

"He's got enough on his mind." Scott mumbles making Cara nod in agreement. 

"If they're coming for you in a few hours then so do you." Ethan told them and Scott stops to turn around making Cara sigh and do the same. 

"What if it's not me?" Scott asks. "Okay? What if I'm not the one they want?" 

"Who else is there?" One of the twins ask as Cara and Scott turn around to walk away but spot Kira walking down the step, the girl gives Scott a shy smile and Cara a wave but all Cara manages to do is smile back. 

Still frustrated, Cara runs a hand through her hair, rubbing her face. Scott notices and turns to look at her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just really worried for Stiles, Scott." Cara says her eyes getting watered. Never had she worried about someone so much in a long time. 

Her watered eyes found Scott's and she looked down. 

"Stiles is gonna be okay, Cara. He's stronger then he looks." Scott says, trying to assure her.

Ethan and Aiden stopped talking to look at the two who had become so close, due to them sharing a home and just a brother sister bond. 

Cara shakes her head, a tear falling down her cheek. "Something seems really wrong this time, Scott." She whispers. 

Scott, knowing whatever he says will not help the situation, pulls her in a hug, words at this point were no use.