19-The After Math

Thank you all so much for over 600 reads! Honestly didn't think I would ever write something people would like. I appreciate all your support! xx

The sacrifice that the four teenagers had done really sent them into a frenzy. And the Alpha, Scott McCall, couldn't help but feel as if it was his fault. Of course, in ways he didn't understand, it wasn't exactly his fault that the others were practically insane. Often, he would find himself wondering, What was the next step for the McCall pack? They had survived a lot, although not all did. However the rest of the pack were just trying to focus on trying to fight their reoccurring nightmares, hallucinations and much more.

Cara Williams really tried to find something that would distract her from her, now what seemed to be her 'normal' life enough that she wouldn't get thoughts that sometimes made her question her very own existence. She was trying to help in anyway she possibly could, often going to Stiles for help and sometimes even going to Allison, but in almost every nightmare she was deemed absolutely useless. She understood, however, that some of the battles they were facing, were ones that the others tried to deal with themselves.

Although most of the nights she found herself screaming to wake up, Cara was trying hard to breathe. It was hard, for sure, Seeing your friends go through the same thing when she felt as she was the only one who deserved it. Was it better to be numb or feel the pain that in the end leaves you numb?

Cara tried to find happiness in the darkest situations but its like she couldn't even try to imagine happiness. Because when your heart takes you to dark places, its hard to find the light. Cara sometimes found herself staring at her ceiling with a frown, sometimes she'll be staring out the window with an expression, nobody understood. She knew, that Scott, Stiles and Allison were going through the same thing but at the same time it was different. Scott feared he would become the monstrous Alpha Peter once was, which Cara had denied many times as she insisted Peter was a psychopath whereas Scott wasn't. Allison was seeing Kate Argent everywhere. The women's memory that scarred her life completely. Cara knew who Kate Argent was. And she despised her. After all she was responsible for the horrendous act that killed Cara's and Derek's families .

Cara did, however, worry the most for Stiles'. His nightmares were a whole different story. He usually screamed himself awake. And his screams were something that would haunt Cara forever.

The nightmares had also triggered the uncontrollable Trixten powers. She would scream, throw a lamp to the floor. Sometimes Scott would rush in but only be pushed back by her own mind. She never knew it was possible to find people who actually cared, she just needed to realize that,

All the teenagers could do was wait and help themselves while they knew that Beacon Hills awaited a new threat. But they didn't know that this threat was not just threat but people will die.

*******

Cara Williams hadn't slept. She attempted to stay awake because she knew it was better then waking up to the sounds of screams, hers and Scott's.

Her head was rested on the wall as she silently sipped her steaming hot coffee, which now her only energy boosters. Sudden movement disturbed Cara's thoughts as she turned around hastily, her eyes wide and heart at an extremely fast pace. Her face went emotionless once more when she saw Mellissa McCall in the hall wearing the same expression that Cara previously wore.

"Cara! Oh my God, you gave me a heart attack!" Mellissa said with her hand on her chest, her curly, usually tamed, hair was now frizzy and messy as she smiled warmly at the girl in front of her before it turned to a frown.

"Why are you still up?'' Mellissa asked softly, walking up to the girl and placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Couldn't sleep." Cara shrugged. She craned her neck as it started to hurt due to being in the same position for a long time. Her hair was in a messy bun, strands of her dark brown falling out. Cara's eyes looked around the kitchen and she fiddled with her jumpers sleeves. "What about you?"