17. The End and The Beginning

"No, dude you are going back with them." Stiles says taking a seat next to his best friend. Cara shifted from one foot to the other as she rested her head on the wall, slightly leaning into it with a towel wrapped around her. Her wet hair stuck to her face and she shivered slightly. After waking up from the trance they were in, Deaton asked Cara to come in the other room so he could check her vital signs. She was alive but was she okay?

Of course what she seen n the sacrifice had in fact scared her. She, however, was not going to let it stop her from stopping the evil in the town. She was't able to look, at a lot of the people in this room, in the eye. She feared if she did, she would see the same dead bodies and the same betrayal. That she would see the monstrosity behind her eyes.

She did, after all, see herself as a killer, as well as her friends. Cara knew that none of the people in the room have the urge to kill, she believed in them but unfortunately, she didn't believe in herself. She didn't believe that she would die in this world with no blood on her hands. She knew what she had been through was not traumatizing on a normal level, but on a whole different scale. Who gets sacrificed to stop throwing up black blood, which will also save you and your friends parents who were about to be sacrificed themselves and of course the Alpha Pack. She knew that if anyone heard her conversations they would deem her insane. She would deem herself insane.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott answers. Cara closes her eyes.

"Don't think for a minute that Deucalion will live up to the deal. He's known for breaking promises." Cara told the boy, as the group turned to her with surprise. She hadn't spoken in a bit. She was too busy thinking about what she had seen, remembering someone she hadn't thought of in years.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles asks the room. They all silently stare at the floor.

"Why does it matter anyway?" Isaac asks finally.

"Because I still dont think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott tells him and Cara nods.

"He trusts you more then anyone. Tell him he's wrong." Allison pleads to the veterinarian.

"I dont think he is." Cara says, once again taking people by surprise.

Deaton nods. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider your enemies."

"So we're gonna trust him? The guy who calls himself death, destroyer of worlds? We're gonna trust that guy." Isaac asks doubtfully.

"Shut it, Lahey." Cara grumbles as she finally lifts her head and takes off the towel.

"I wouldn't trust him, no, but you could use him to your advantage." Deaton tells the group, adding sense to them. "Deucalion, may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

Cara runs a hand through her hair and crosses her arms on her chest, sighing. This was definitely not how a normal teenager would spend their evening.

The door outside opens with a soft thud and Cara winces and looks around in confusion. She walks behind Deaton and almost let out a gasp when she saw the boy at the doorway. Instead, she released a sigh which just made her get more annoyed at the situation.

"What does he want?" Cara asks no one in particular. Lydia pursed her lips.

"Not sure."

"I'm looking for Lydia." Ethan says.

"What do you want?" Lydia questions softly.

"I need your help." Ethan says, to everybody else's surprise.