28-Escaping Tears

"So then she starts to talk about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right?" Stiles says walking into the chemistry room in a hurry. 

"I still don't understand why you were talking to this girl." Cara interrupts with a scoff, her jealous side being quite evident. 

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you, babe." Stiles told her cheekily, almost teasing. "Plus nothing happened, anyway so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let barrow in..."  

Walking up to the, now blank, board Stiles stops talking immediately, obviously confused about it. Cara's own eyebrows furrow as she remembers clearly that there was a writing on the board. 

"It's gone." Stiles frowns. "Okay, it doesn't matter though.It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." The boy walks over to the closet on the other side of the room, not losing hope. 

Looking through his bunch of keys, Stiles sighs muttering a, 'What the hell?' 

"I had it here this morning, I swear to god. I had it this morning." Stiles rambled nervously hoping his girlfriend and best friend didn't think of him as a fool. Embarrassed, the boy persisted that he had it which both the werewolves believed without a doubt. 

"The key you were talking about last night?" Cara asks softly sensing the panic coming from the boy. 

"Yeah I showed it to you, right?" Stiles asks hoping his girl wouldn't confirm his insanity. "Didn't I show it to you? " 

Scott stood confused before shaking his head. "No you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." 

Stiles, breathing heavy, looked at Cara before walking away from the two, them sharing a look of worry. "I was here a couple of hours ago." 

"And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet." Stiles explained. 

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you write him a message to kill Kira?" Scott asked, obviously finding it hard to grasp the idea. 

"I know. I know how it sounds." Stiles said, he licked his lips and pulled out a newspaper report. "This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?" 

At this point, it was hard for Cara to understand Stiles. Her eyebrows were furrowed and all she could think was how he was blaming this on himself, and that he may have told Barrow to kill the new girl. 

"Coach. The joke we played on Coach." Scott remembers. 

"You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be." Stiles tells the two, nervously.