Whiteclaw (22 days after)

Start from the beginning

That I was too late.

His bloodied broken body laid before me, two indents of a crushing stomp paved into his shoulders. Bones, like his femur, stuck out of his flesh like thorns, cracked and bloody. His eyes were red and the only noise I could hear was a painful whimper. I wanted to gag at first when I stared at him since the sight seemed almost unreal to my own eyes. I just stood there in shock and gasping, panicked and scared.

"Drexel..."

He was trying to drag himself away, leaving a trail of blood behind him. But he didn't get far. Behind him, another Tenontosaur lifted up one of his paws, like a shadow over Drexel, and brought it down with a sickening crunch onto his body. A blood-curling scream slashed my ears and the air itself, and horror grabbed my chest tightly.

They were killing him!

"Drexel!" I screamed, then began sprinting. He saw me running and lifted his claw weakly. But I didn't get far. Jaws suddenly caught me back the neck, yanking me back into the earth. I was getting dragged back on my spine, unable to spin around. All I could see was my feet bounce around with my tail swishing from side to side as I struggled to burst free.

"NO!" I cried out, "NO! STOP!" I felt the creature threw me hard into the earth, farther away from Drexel position and into the bushes. I bounded to my feet, growling, only to gasp in internal shock.

"Blackclaw..." I backed up with even wider eyes, "What the hell-"

"Go back to the cave," He demanded.

"Why aren't you helping him?!" I screamed, "He's DYING!"

"GO BACK TO THE CAVE!!" 

I quickly rushed forwards towards Drexel, but Blackclaw caught me again on the scruff. His bite sank into my neck, making me squirm in pain.

"No, no, bad decision."

"Let me go!" I snarled, twisting hard to pull away from his grip. I stood up again, bent low and baring my teeth, lifting my lips again in a snarl I couldn't contain.

"Whiteclaw-"

"SHUT-UP!" I screeched, "shut-up!"

"If you're trying to save Drexel," He hissed, "That's not gonna happen."

"You set him up you freaking liar!" I screeched, "You promised you wouldn't hurt him!"

"I promised to protect my family!" He snarled.

"Whiteclaw!" Drexel cried out, covered in blood, "Help me! Please!" My heart was pounding as I saw the same Tenontosaurus approach the bloody Utahraptor, and kick him hard in the chest. Drexel went flying, skidding to a halt. He let out a yelp of pain, weeping loudly and unable to move.

"NO!," I cried, crashing right back into Blackclaw, "HELP HIM! HELP HIM!"

Blackclaw yanked me back, throwing me hard to the ground.

"He took everything from us!" Blackclaw was in tears like me, "HE killed our PARENTS!"

My chest throbbed as I watched my older brother, my alpha, sob in tears of fear and hatred over what had happened. Honestly, I felt the same way. I felt some part of me want to leave him and watch his body get smushed into goo.

But the memory of Amberclaw revolved around me. And perhaps it was time I had to listen to him for once, even if he wasn't my brother.

"Killing him won't bring them back!" I roared in sobs as I lifted to my feet, "Nothing will. It's the clock Blackclaw, it's messing with your mind! Killing him won't make a difference! You have to stop this!"